JanSport Odyssey Daypack
JanSport Odyssey Daypack – Not just for school.
JanSport has long been known for its school backpacks, but now it has a daypack that is designed to handle anything from hikes around campus to hikes around the backcountry. If you are a student looking for a pack to handle all of your school needs and then some, or are just looking for a versatile daypack that won’t break the bank, the JanSport Odyssey Daypack might be the pack you are looking for.
With the JanSport Odyssey Daypack you get a daypack that is loaded down with plenty of bells and whistles. Lets talk about organization first, because the JanSport Odyssey Daypack has plenty of it. There are two main compartments to help separate your main items, there is also a security pocket, hyradtion pocket, front pocket, stash pocket, and more. This many pockets means you can keep your pack clean and organized without any problem.
You also won’t find your typical school backpack shoulder straps here. The straps on the JanSport Odyssey Daypack are Airlift shoulder straps. They offer you extra padding where you need it most also use a mesh underside to provide extra grip and airflow. The JanSport Odyssey Daypack also has a built in airframe to help make the pack more stable and comfortable.
The quick & dirty:
Where you can get one:
Why they rock:
- Airlift shoulder straps offer cushioning where you need it most, a Flovent breathable window and a mesh grip underside for ventilation
- Built-in frame sheet and aluminum stay give you support and protection from a heavy load
- Padded hipbelt can be tucked away when not needed
- Hydration-ready sleeve holds a reservoir of your choice (reservoir sold separately)
- Dual main compartments allow you to separate and organize items
- Drawbridge pocket, large front pocket and stash pocket give you choices for optimal packing
- V-loft security pocket for your valuable items
- Two side mesh pockets expand to fit 1 qt. water bottles (sold separately)
- Compression straps allow you to pull the load close to your back for improved balance
- Daisy chain and ice axe loop provide gear-carrying options
Seat-of-the-pants rating: 8 out of 10
As I mentioned before, if you are looking for a daypack that is multi-functional, but don’t want to pay the high price tag on some of the more fancy outdoor packs, then the JanSPort Odessey Daypack is what you want. It has plenty of features, but not the high price tag of similar daypacks.
Looking to Buy? Check out these sites: