Granite Gear Meridian Vapor Ki Backpack
Granite Gear Meridian Vapor Ki Backpack – Ultra light and feature rich.
All too often when it comes to ultra light backpacks they are nothing more than a big bag with some shoulder straps. Obviously this makes plenty of sense, after all, it is an ultra light backpack. However, sometimes people want a few more features than many ultra light backpacks offer. If you a re looking for a backpack that is extremely light weight, but still has some extra features that aren’t traditionally found on ultra light day packs, you might appreciate the Granite Gear Meridian Vapor Ki Backpack. With the Granite Gear Meridian Vapor Ki Backpack you get all the light wieght aspect of many of the other Granite Gear packs, but with a few extra features.
We all know that the Granite Gear Meridian Vapor Ki Backpack is light weight, so rather than talk about what makes the pack light, lets talk about the extra features on it that you normally don’t find on other ultra light backpacks. One thing you will notice on the Granite Gear Meridian Vapor Ki Backpack is that it has a lid. Many ultra light packs cut off this feature to save weight. Not only does the Granite Gear Meridian Vapor Ki Backpack feature a lid, but the lid can be removed and used as a waist pack. How many other ultra light packs have youseen that can do that?!
The features of the Granite Gear Meridian Vapor Ki Backpack don’t stop at the lid though. They continue down the full length of the pac as well as inside. Inside of the Granite Gear Meridian Vapor Ki Backpack you will find an internal compression system. This internal compression system does a great job at keeping gear separate and hold the heavier gear towards the back middle portion of the pack where it should be.
The quick & dirty:
Where you can get one:
Why they rock:
- Flexible HDPE plastic frame sheet with soft foam padding and padded ergonomic harness offers enough support for loads up to 30 pounds
- Using plush dual-density foam, women-specific hipbelt is sculpted to fit the increased angle of women’s hips
- Uses a compound-pull hipbelt tightener so you pull straps forward rather than backward, a more natural motion that increases leverage to get belt snug
- Brought by popular demand, the floating lid turns into a waistpack with a waterproof RiRi Aquazip zipper to keep the elements out
- Full-length, dual-zip middle panel opens wide giving complete access to the contents of the pack
- Inside of middle panel an internal compression system keeps pack contents stable and in place
- Durastretch side pockets are large enough for quart water bottles or fuel bottles and do not snag on brush
- Front straps let you lash on camp chair, sleeping pad or other bulky item
- Reflective dual ice axe loops for strapping on tools and trekking poles help you be seen at night
- Side compression straps and top straps double as extra lash points for tent poles, camp trowel and other gear
Seat-of-the-pants rating: 10 out of 10
One really nice feature of the Granite Gear Meridian Vapor Ki Backpack is its ultra light price tag. So often things with the term ultra light attached to them translate to be ultra expensive. This isn’t the case with the Granite Gear Meridian Vapor Ki Backpack. This bad boy barely tips the money scales at less then $200.
Looking to Buy? Check out these sites: