Garmin StreetPiolt 550 GPS
I don’t mind asking for directions when I get lost. It’s just the whole getting ost part that I don’t like. If there’s one thing that annoys me more than anything, its driving around in circles with no sense of directions. But ever since I got my Garmin StreetPiolt 550 GPS the senseless circles are a thing of the past.
I wanted nothing more than a Tom Tom (and some pirate toys) for Christmas last year. After doing some research my lovely girlfriend ending up buying me the Grmin StreetPilot 550. Turns out a lot of people have trouble with the Tom Tom and many users end up with the Garmin Street Pilot 550 instead. At least that’s what the reviews she read mentioned.
The Garmin StreetPilot 550 works like a dream. It gives you directions far enough in advance so as not to miss your turn. Finding directions to almost any location is as easy as can be. If you have the address, the Garmin StreetPilot 550 will find your destination every time. Don’t have the address? No worries, the Garmin StreetPilot 550 will let you look up destinations by name, point of interests, and more.
Check out some of these more advanced features of the Garmin StreetPilot 550:
• Harnessing Bluetooth’s wireless ability allows the c550 to answer and place mobile phone calls when partnered with your Bluetooth-enabled mobile phone
• Dial numbers directly through touch screen keypad or lookup and dial numbers from a personalized phone book or call history log in unit
• Users can also place calls directly to numbers contained in c550’s POI database which includes hotels, restaurants, stores and much more
• Includes GTM™ 20 FM TMC traffic receiver to dynamically route you around traffic delays and weather tie-ups; 3-month subscription included
• Garmin Lock™ anti-theft feature has both PIN code protection and a security location to unlock features when unit is within 164 feet of location
Have you used the Gamin Street Pilot 550 before? What did you think?