Garmin Forerunner 110 GPS – entry-level GPS sports watch
The Garmin Forerunner 110 GPS is a great entry-level GPS sports watch. It comes in both a menâ€™s and womenâ€™s version (and a less expensive version without heart rate functions). The watch is simple and easy to use and displays reliable and consistent distance, speed, and heart rate information.
Using GPS, the Forerunner 110 accurately records your pace, distance, and time. Data from each run is stored in the unit so you can go back and review your past runs. The 110 uses a highly sensitive GPS receiver so you should have no problem acquiring satellites in dense forests or next to tall buildings. A chest strap heart rate monitor delivers stats to your receiver and calculates calories burned during each session.
When you’re not out exercising, the Garmin Forerunner 110 doubles as a regular watch with time, calendar, and alarm functions. The Forerunner will operate for around 8 hours in GPS mode on a rechargeable lithium-ion-battery, plus it is fully submersible and water-resistant down to 1meter.
DOWNLOAD OUR TRAVEL GUIDES
The quick & dirty:
Where you can find one:
Why they rock:
- Answer a few simple setup questions then just step outside, press the start button and begin your walk or run to track essential workout dataâ€”it’s as easy as that!
- Forerunner 110 uses GPS to accurately record your speed, distance and average pace information
- High-sensitivity GPS receiver stays locked onto satellites, even near tall buildings and under tree cover
- Included chest-strap heart rate monitor helps you optimize performance while training
- Data from each run is stored in the unit so you can go back and review how you did last week
- Upload data to the Garmin Connect community website for in-depth analysis of time, speed, distance and route; store and share data with other Forerunner 110 community users
- When you aren’t exercising, the Forerunner 110 can be used as a full-functioning watch that features time, calendar (day/date) and daily alarm
- Operates approximately 8 hrs. in GPS mode on its rechargeable lithium-ion battery; operates up to 3 weeks in power save mode
- Water-resistant construction meets IPX7 standards (submersible to 1m for 30 min.)
Seat-of-the-pants rating: 9 out of 10
Only downfall of this watch is that it does not give current pace like the higher end Garmin Forerunners. The 110 only displays average speed Â so if you want a watch that displays your current speed youâ€™re going to need to need to go with one of the Garminâ€™s in the $300-$500 range like the Garmin Forerunner 310XT.
Looking to buy? Hereâ€™s where you can get one: