Five Ten Coyote Lace-Up Climbing Shoe
Five Ten Coyote Lace-Up – great all-around climbing shoe
The Five Ten Coyote’s are comfortable entry-levels shoes great for climbing in the gym and outside on sport routes and crack climbs. Designed more for comfort than performance, the Coyote will fit comfortably right out of the box.
Unlined leather uppers are comfy and breathable but they will stretch out a bit and conform to your feet, so it is a good idea to size them down about a half size. For outsoles, the Coyote uses Five Ten’s Stealth ultra-sticky rubber for outstanding grip and durable wear.
Reviewers have complained that the toe wears out to quickly, but with proper footwork the shoes should last a long time. Many beginner climbers drag their feet across the rock resulting in the rubber wearing out on the toe of the shoe. Learn proper foot technique and you won’t have to spend as much on shoes.
The quick & dirty:
Where you can find on:
Why they rock:
- Semi-flexed, slip-lasted design offers all-around performance
- Low-cut profile allows ankle mobility
- Stealth C4 ultra-sticky rubber outsoles offer superb grip and durable wear
- Full-wrap rands and deep heel cups give extra traction for cracks, edges and smears
- Unlined split-leather uppers offer breathable comfort against the skin
- Unlined leather may stretch out between a half and whole size
Seat-of-the-pants rating: 8 out of 10
The Five Ten Coyote Lace-Up is a great entry-level shoe at a nicely affordable price. Who says that rock climbing shoes need to be uncomfortable? A leather upper conforms to your foot for ultra comfort and thick rubber soles grip the rock providing good edging and smearing.
Looking to buy? Here’s where you can get one: