Exped DownMat 9 Deluxe Air Pad
Exped DownMat 9 Deluxe Air Pad – A serious sleeping pad.
Car camping allows for certain luxuries that one can not afford to bring along in the backcountry. One of those luxuries is a nice sleeping pad. Sure, you could take your thin Therma Rest pad, but why would you do that when you have enough room to bring a seriously comfortable sleeping pad like the Exped DownMat 9 Deluxe Air Pad?
The Exped DownMat 9 Deluxe Air Pad is a awesome sleeping pad that has one its fair share of awards and attracted plenty of attention from the outdoor community. With the Exped DownMat 9 Deluxe Air Pad you get a sleeping pad that is fairly lightweight, extra warm, and extremely comfortable.
To help keep the Exped DownMat 9 Deluxe Air Pad warm it has a fair amount of 700 fill power goose down. This helps to not only keep the sleeping pad warm, but light and compact as well. Another cool feature of the Exped DownMat 9 Deluxe Air Pad is the fact that the stuff sack can be converted into a hand pump to fill the mattress.
The quick & dirty:
Where you can get one:
Why they rock:
- Deluxe version covers more area—6 in. longer and wider than the standard Downmat 9!
- 700-fill-power goose down provides unmatched warmth-to-weight ratio for a restful night’s sleep
- UV- and abrasion-resistant polyester fabric is slip-proof and airtight
- Baffle chambers prevent cold spots; welded, dual valves allow for maximum airflow
- Combination air pump/storage sack can also be used as a pillow or dry bag
Seat-of-the-pants rating: 9 out of 10
I don’t know that I would take the Exped DownMat 9 Deluxe Air Pad down the Appalachian Trail with me, but it is perfect for car camping and other outdoor activities where space isn’t really an issue. It is also worth pointing out the this deluxe version is 6 inches longer and wider than the basic version.
Looking to Buy? Check out these sites: