Eagle Creek Thrive Travel Pack
Eagle Creek Thrive Travel Pack – Built for the long haul.
Typical backpacking backpacks tend to work quite well for round the world type traveling. Many serious travelers use them without question and have no serious complaints. That’s probably because they have never had the opportunity to try on a backpack made especially for travel. The Eagle Creek Thrive Travel Pack is not only made specifically for travel, but made for extended travel. For those of you who are away from home for months at a time, let the Eagle Creek Thrive Travel Pack help carry and secure all your travel essentials.
Eagle Creek has been perfecting the science of travel packs for years and easily dominates this nice of the backpack industry. They worked hard to figure out how to better design a backpack to fit the needs of a traveler. After all, traveler and backpackers face many different obstacles and needs. The Eagle Creek Thrive Travel Pack is perfect proof of how a good travel pack should be made. It is really all the small features of the Eagle Creek Thrive Travel Pack that make it super travel friendly.
Typical backpacking packs use a top loading design. While this is ok for the backcountry, it is a real pain when it comes to packing and unpacking your stuff. the Eagle Creek Thrive Travel Pack uses a panel loading system, similar to that of a suitcase or carry on bag. Another small feature I am sure that travelers will appreciate is the separate day pack. On so many packs that offer this feature, it seems like the daypack is an after thought and barely worth using. The Eagle Creek Thrive Travel Pack is nice. It features a fleece lined electronics pocket, passport pocket, and many other useful features.
The quick & dirty:
Where you can get one:
Why they rock:
- X-ACT Adjust suspension adjusts easily to fit a wide range of torso lengths and can be stowed away for simplified air travel or storage
- Back panel is constructed of Ventalite mesh and 3D foam, allowing air to circulate between pack and your back, keeping you well ventilated
- Panel-loading pack design offers effortless packing and unpacking, allowing quick and easy access to your gear
- Bottom compartment features an internal, stowaway divider to keep dirty clothes or your sleeping bag separate
- Central Lock Point allows main entry points to be secured with 1 lock, sold separately
- Detachable raincover provides protection from inclement weather and added security in crowded locations
- Modular travel daypack can be removed from front for quick jaunts; pack features contoured, padded mesh straps as well as multiple lash points for securing gear
- Daypack also has a passport pocket, fleece-lined electronics pocket, audio port, pen slot and detachable key clip
- Side compression straps secure both large and small loads for increased stability
- Lash points allow attachment of additional gear, and top and side padded haul handles simplify carrying
- Constructed of 500-denier nylon with a 915-denier Cordura nylon bottom for added sturdiness
Seat-of-the-pants rating: 10 out of 10
If you are a serious traveler and still using a backcountry backpack, you have no idea what you are missing. Sure, the backpacking might work just fine, but don’t you want something that works great and makes life on the road easier? Than check out the Eagle Creek Thrive Travel Pack. It might be a little more expensive than traditional backpacks, but well worth the extra cost.
Looking to Buy? Check out these sites: