Crescent Moon Gold Series 12 Snowshoes
Crescent Moon Gold Series 12 Snowshoes – made for running
The Crescent Moon Gold Series 12 Snowshoes are made for running. Winner of numerous awards including “Winter Gear of the Year” award from Trail Runner Magazine, the Crescent Moon Gold’s are built for speed. A tapered teardrop shape encourages a natural running stride and an aluminum claw system gives you the traction you need to sail across those snow-covered trails.
Re-designed to be even more efficient than previous models, the new Gold 12 has even more clearance in the toe so you can push off easier and go faster than ever. The lightweight race binding accommodates your favorite running shoe from women’s size 5 to men’s size 14.
Like all Crescent Moon snowshoes, the frame is built to distribute your weight equally across the entire shoe. This design makes it easier to pull out of the snow, reducing the amount of energy needed to walk or run in the snow. The TIG welded aluminum frame and abrasion resistant deck is extremely durable so you can expect these snowshoes to last.
>>Read more about how to pick snowshoes and browse other models of snowshoes
The quick & dirty:
Where you can find on:
Why they rock:
- TIG welded powder coated aluminum frame for greater strength and durability
- Small diameter tubing for lightweight performance
- 3 lightweight aluminum claws (includes a toe claw for better “push-off”)
- 3 aluminum claw system featuring the intuitive toe claw design
- Designated for training or racing with ‘R’ designed binding
- Contains no PVC, made with wind energy
- Race and Fitness Model
- Lightweight race binding, fits up to size 14
- Recommended for anyone running or training
- Dimension: 8 x 24.5 in., tapered teardrop shape
- Weight per pair: 2.6lbs
Seat-of-the-pants rating: 10 out of 10
If you’re serious about running on snowshoes, you can’t get much better than the Crescent Moon Gold Series 12. They are lightweight, durable, and fast, plus their unique teardrop design promotes a natural running stride. The single pull loop binding system adjusts quickly and will not loosen up on your during your run.
Looking to buy? Here’s where you can get one: