Columbia Sportswear Whirlibird 3-in-1 Jacket â€“ A great all around winter jacket.
Picking out the winter jacket thatâ€™s right for you can be a hard thing to do. You want one that will keep you warm when it gets really cold, but you also want one that can protect you from the elements. On top of that, its nice to have a winter jacket you can wear around during active tasks where you work up a sweat and donâ€™t need so much insulation. If this sounds like your dilemma in finding the perfect winter jack, the Columbia Sportswear Whirlibird 3-in-1 Jacket might be what you are looking for.
A regular Swiss army knife of winter jackets, the Columbia Sportswear Whirlibird 3-in-1 Jacket does just as the name implies. It can be converted into three separate types of jackets. With just a few pulls of the zipper, you can have yourself a warm polyester filled jacket, a element proof outer, or put them together for the ultimate winter jacket that offer both warmth and protection.
The inner liner of the Columbia Sportswear Whirlibird 3-in-1 Jacket is made out of polyester and is filled with a Microtemp FX II polyester fiber fill. The outer layer of the jacket has an Omni-Tech Ultra Touch nylon outer shell. The shell is breathable and features a waterproof coating.
The quick & dirty:
Where you can get one:
DOWNLOAD OUR TRAVEL GUIDES
Why they rock:
- Omni-Tech Ultra Touch nylon shell is breathable and abrasion resistant, and has a waterproof coating; critical seams are taped
- Nylon lining wicks away moisture, dries quickly and holds its shape well; mesh back panel increases efficiency of moisture transfer
- 2-way adjustable hood is removable so you can leave it behind when you don’t need it
- Zippered underarm vents allow easy regulation of core body temperature, keeping you dry and comfortable throughout the day
- Radial Sleeve design and articulated elbows allow complete range of motion
- Shell features zippered handwarmer pockets and zippered chest pockets for your essentials
- Adjustable snap-back stretch powder skirt with gripper elastic seals out the spindrift
- Drawcord hem and adjustable rip-and-stick cuffs seal out the elements and help retain warmth
- Full-length windflap blocks cold air entry through zipper; fleece-lined chin guard adds comfort
- Zip-out polyester liner jacket looks great worn solo and is insulated with soft Microtemp XF II polyester fiber insulation
- Liner jacket features zippered handwarmer pockets, zippered chest pocket and a drawcord hem
- Columbia’s Authentic fit is not too fitted and not too loose
- Part of the Columbia Interchange System which allows coordinating pieces to zip together for versatility and comfort
Seat-of-the-pants rating: 9 out of 10
Like I said before, if you need a good all around winter jacket, the Columbia Sportswear Whirlibird 3-in-1 Jacket might be just what you need. It may not be the ultimate backcountry jacket, but it offers enough great features to make it a good buy.
Looking to buy? Check out these sites: