Coleman Propane Grill and Stove
Coleman Propane Grill and Stove – Perfect for family campouts.
Family camp outs and car camping offer their set of luxuries when it comes to spending some time outdoors. Because you are usually within walking distance of your car, you can afford to bring more stuff or bigger items than you would if you were backpacking. One nice luxury to have is a larger camp stove. Backpacking stoves are nice for the backcountry, but you need something bigger when camping with the family. The Coleman Propane Grill and Stove is a perfect choice for camping stove.
One nice feature of the Coleman Propane Grill and Stove that will notice right away is that it is part grill and part stove. This is a great advancement from camping stoves of years gone by. This allows you to easily double the amount of things that you can cook while camping. The grill portion of the Coleman Propane Grill and Stove is especially nice since many campgrounds frown upon campfires and thus grilling over them. The grill portion of the Coleman Propane Grill and Stove wroks pretty well and has decent amount of room for several hamburgers or hot dogs.
I used to cook off of one of these every winter when I lived in Alaska. They aren’t bad and can easily handle enough food for one to four people. A nice feature of the Coleman Propane Grill and Stove is that it has a matchless design. This means you can simply turn on the Coleman Propane Grill and Stove like you would turn on your home stove. Not to mention you don’t have to worry about forgetting matches. The Coleman Propane Grill and Stove also allows for dual burner adjustment so you can set the amount of heat for the grill and the stove.
The quick & dirty:
Where you can get one:
Why they rock:
- Dual cooking surfaces allow open-air grilling and stove-top heating
- PerfectFlow propane pressure control system regulates fuel flow for constant output and steady temperature
- WindBlock lid and fold-out side-shields block wind from the burner surface; wind baffles in the burners help shield the flame from the wind
- Easy-to-clean aluminized steel cook-top wipes clean with warm, soapy water; removable heavy-duty nickel chrome grill cleans-up fast
- Matchless lighting with easy-to-use Instastart ignition takes the worry out of remembering matches
- Twin-dial burner and grill adjusters allow superb control of output
- Durable textured steel case resists corrosion and damage from rough handling for years of service
- Requires propane fuel canister, sold separately; can be operated from bulk cylinders with appropriate adapter
- Due to flammable item shipping restrictions, we cannot sell 16.4-oz. propane canisters online; they are available at REI retail stores
Seat-of-the-pants rating: 10 out of 10
Obviously I would never take this backpacking, but if your family does a lot of car camping or you just need a small stove for the cabin, the Coleman Propane Grill and Stove is a perfect choice. The Coleman Propane Grill and Stove is just as good as any similar grill and stove combo. I feel confident in recommending this to any car camping family.
Looking to Buy? Check out these sites: