CamelBak Alpine Explorer Hydration
CamelBak Alpine Explorer Hydration – Yet another awesome product by CamelBak.
I don’t know how they do it, but CamelBak has found a way to reinvent the wheel. Ok, not the wheel per say, but the hydration pack. They have dozens of hydration packs, all of which are different and amazing, but essentially the same thing. The CamelBak Alpine Explorer is one prime example of this. If you are looking for a good daypack with a built in hydration system, this is a good one to look at.
The CamelBak Alpine Explorer is design not just as simple everyday daypack, but as a rugged pack made for intense day hikes. The pack is designed to hold everything you need for a serious one day peak summit. There are plenty of pockets, places to lash gear, and of course a top of the line CamelBak hydration system.
The bladder in the CamelBak Alpine Explorer is built from OMEGA HydroTanium. This is a stronger material than that used in the crappy off brand hydration packs. This stuff is tough and super hard to bust. Short of dropping a boulder on it, your gear is pretty safe from getting wet. Another nice feature of the CamelBak Alpine Explorer is that is easy to clean and gives you a taste free lining. No more plastic tasting water!
The quick & dirty:
Where you can get one:
Why they rock:
- Big Bite valve is ergonomically positioned for easy drinking
- Reservoir is taste-free, easy to clean* and easy to fill via a 3.5 in. wide opening
- PureFlow™ delivery tube keeps water as fresh as store-bought bottled water; no plastic taste
- With its separate, large zippered opening at backpanel, the reservoir can be easily refilled or replaced from outside
- Main compartment holds lunch, gear and all your ten essentials for a one-day peak ascent
- Large front weather-resistant zippered pocket keeps electronics, cell phone or other valuables close at hand
- Behind front pocket is a stash pocket to keep hat and jacket handy; dual side-compression straps help secure contents and cinch entire pack down tight
- Small zippered top pocket with soft lining stores sunglasses or MP3 player; exit port accommodates headphones cord
- Ergonomically designed Dynamic Suspension™ harness spreads the weight across your back to maximize load stability and hiking comfort
- Features padded shoulder straps with sternum strap and a cut-away waistbelt providing maximum ventilation and even load distribution
- A side zip pocket and a side mesh pocket let you keep small, often-used gear and snacks close at hand
- Front daisy chain and twin trekking pole loops let you stash and lash extra gear to outside of pack
- Made from rugged nylon and abrasion-resistant ripstop nylon for long-lasting wear
Seat-of-the-pants rating: 9 out of 10
You pretty much cant go wrong with CamelBak gear. The CamelBak Alpine Explorer is nice because it is designed for the serious outdoor user. You may find some knock off of this bag by another company, but you can be assured its not as tough or as strong as the CamelBak Alpine Explorer .
Looking to buy? Check out these sites: