CamelBak Alpine Explorer Hydration Pack – 100 oz.
CamelBak Alpine Explorer Hydration Pack – 100 oz. CamelBak Daypack
There is certainly no shortage of great hydration packs out there these days. There are so may that there seems to be one to fit every sort of activity, body shape, sport, and then some. It is almost ridiculous how many types of hydration packs there are out there. But in defense of hydration packs everywhere, I guess it only makes sense to build in in hydration bladders to every sort of pack. The CamelBak Alpine Explorer Hydration Pack is a prime example of a new generation of hydration packs.
The CamelBak Alpine Explorer Hydration Pack isn’t you basic hydration pack where it just has a bladder and some extra space for a survival kit or a jacket. In fact, the CamelBak Alpine Explorer Hydration Pack is quite the opposite. This bad boy is designed for those intense up and back in one day summit hikes. Not only does the CamelBak Alpine Explorer Hydration Pack have room for a jacket, but it has plenty of room for other gear inside and out. The larger main pocket can easily fit all your day hiking essentials, while the outside has a nuber of places to lash on gear and hold more technical equipment.
One nice feature about the CamelBak Alpine Explorer Hydration Pack is that the hydration bladder is in its own zippered pocket that is on the outside of the pack. With many hydration packs you can only access the bladder by going through the main pocket or zipper. For most smaller hydration packs this isn’t really a big deal. But when you have a pack that has as much room as the CamelBak Alpine Explorer Hydration Pack, the last thing you want to do is to unpack the whole thing just to refill the bladder.
The quick & dirty:
Where you can get one:
Why they rock:
- MEGA HydroTanium reservoir is made from an improved polyurethane film for enhanced tensile strength and burst resistance
- Big Bite valve is ergonomically positioned for easy drinking
- Reservoir is taste-free, easy to clean* and easy to fill via a 3.5 in. wide opening
- PureFlow delivery tube keeps water as fresh as store-bought bottled water; no plastic taste
- With its separate, large zippered opening at backpanel, the reservoir can be easily refilled or replaced from outside
- Main compartment holds lunch, gear and all your ten essentials for a one-day peak ascent
- Large front weather-resistant zippered pocket keeps electronics, cell phone or other valuables close at hand
- Behind front pocket is a stash pocket to keep hat and jacket handy; dual side-compression straps help secure contents and cinch entire pack down tight
- Small zippered top pocket with soft lining stores sunglasses or MP3 player; exit port accommodates headphones cord
- Ergonomically designed Dynamic Suspension harness spreads the weight across your back to maximize load stability and hiking comfort
- Air Director backpanel with three-dimensional air mesh harness keeps cool air flowing across the back
- Features padded shoulder straps with sternum strap and a cut-away waistbelt providing maximum ventilation and even load distribution
- A side zip pocket and a side mesh pocket let you keep small, often-used gear and snacks close at hand
- Front daisy chain and twin trekking pole loops let you stash and lash extra gear to outside of pack
- Made from rugged nylon and abrasion-resistant ripstop nylon for long-lasting wear
Seat-of-the-pants rating: 8 out of 10
The CamelBak Alpine Explorer Hydration Pack is a nice combination of daypack and hydration pack. It may not offer you all the room that a basic daypack has, but it gives you all the space you need for a serious summit hike or approach hike. All things said and done, the CamelBak Alpine Explorer Hydration Pack is a pretty solid buy.
Looking to Buy? Check out these sites: