Black Diamond Ion LED Headlamp – Small headlamp that packs a small punch.
Whoever said that good things come in small packages must have been talking about the Black Diamond Ion LED Headlamp. Don’t let the size full you, the Black Diamond Ion LED Headlamp may be small but it ca throw around its fair share of light. I would almost dare to say that the Black Diamond Ion LED Headlamp is just as good if not better than your basic camp headlamp. I probably woudn’t use it to do serious winter hiking at night, but it works for a great deal of situations.
Here’s a example to give you an idea of much the tiny Black Diamond Ion LED Headlamp can toss out. A friend of mine in Costa Rica drove a four wheeler around as his main form of transportation. The four wheeler didn’t have any working headlights. Guess what he used when driving around at night? Yep, the Black Diamond Ion LED Headlamp.
Now, I wouldn’t suggest trying that in the states if your headlights go out, but it does give you an idea of how much power is packed into this little guy. One small but nice feature of the Black Diamond Ion LED Headlamp is the power button. All too often headlamps drain of power because the on/off switch gets turned on in your pack by accident. Not with the Black Diamond Ion LED Headlamp though. You have to press and hold the button for a second for it to come on. Pretty smart, no?
The quick & dirty:
Where you can get one:
DOWNLOAD OUR TRAVEL GUIDES
Why they rock:
- Great as an emergency backup or as your primary light for featherweight expeditions, the Ion is the size of a book of matches
- One bright 0.5-watt LED bulb lights the way; high and low settings let you determine how much light you need
- Pivotable head allows you to aim the beam where you need it most; tough construction withstands use in rain, snow and sleet
- On/off switch requires you depress the button for one second to turn on, reducing inadvertent, battery-draining operation while stowed in your pack
- Slim half-inch elastic headband adjusts with a slider to fit over a climbing helmet or a hat
- Battery included
Seat-of-the-pants rating: 10 out of 10
Want to know the best part of the Black Diamond Ion LED Headlamp? The price tag is eaqually as small as the headlamp. This beast of a headlamp will only set you back about $20. Not to shabby considering it can double as a four wheeler headlight!
Looking to Buy? Check out these sites: