Black Diamond Guiding Light Tent
Black Diamond Guiding Light Tent – A roomy four person backpacking tent.
When backpacking with a group thats four deep, you need a tent thats roomy enough to give everyone their space, but light enough to pack. The Black Diamond Guiding Light Tent does an excellent job at combining those features into this four season tent. Theres plenty of space to go around in the Black Diamond Guiding Light Tent. From ample head room to sleeping space, you and your tents mates wont have to get too cozy.
The Black Diamond Guiding Light Tent uses a single wall design that helps to keep this roomy tent down on weight. The five pole design helps to keep the Black Diamond Guiding Light Tent stable and provide as much living space inside the tent as possible. The walls of the Black Diamond Guiding Light Tent are made out of Epic fabric to help increase breathability and water repellentcy.
Lets face it, with four guys in the tent, it is bound to get a little warm, stuffy, and stinky. To remedy this, the Black Diamond Guiding Light Tent is out fitted with two large doors with meshing. You can unzip these doors all the way to get an amazing cross breeze, or just part way to allow for venting on cooler nights.
The quick & dirty:
Where you can get one:
Why they rock:
- Epic fabric is more water resistant than DWR (Durable Water Repellent) treated fabrics and more breathable than laminates
- Silicone-impregnated nylon ripstop floor is twice as strong as polyurethane-coated nylon and is highly rip and tear resistant
- DAC Featherlite tent poles offer a high strength-to-weight ratio and lessen the chance of breakage because there are no glued inserts
- Internal skin-tight poles make the tent quiet in heavy winds
- Door zippers remain velvety smooth, resist wind and are treated with silicone to prevent water wicking and the inevitable freeze
- Interior net pockets hold odds and ends; tie-down points have reflective tape for easy location in the dark
- Comes with stakes, guylines, stuff sacks, instruction/care cards, pole information card and Silnet seam sealer/applicator
Seat-of-the-pants rating: 8 out of 10
All and all I think the Black Diamond Guiding Light Tent is a pretty decent four person backpacking tent. My only real gripe is that this is a four season tent and it doesn’t include a vestibule. You can buy one separately if you want. I understand this is to cut down on weight, but I just don’t understand how a four season tent can not have a vestibule.
Looking to buy? Check out these sites: