Big Agnes Copper Spur 3 Tent
Big Agnes Copper Spur 3 Tent – Large without being heavy!
Who knew you could get a backpacking tent that was large, waterproof, and roomy without weighing a ton! The Big Agnes Copper Spur 3 Tent offers everything that three backpackers, big or small, could want in the backcountry. No longer will you have to rub shoulders with your tent mate during the night. With so many great features, it is easy to see why the Big Agnes Copper Spur 3 Tent won the Backpackers Magazine – Editors Choice award.
The one real selling point of any Big Anges tent is the fact that their designs offer a ton of room. Big backpackers will appreciate all the room that the Big Agnes Copper Spur 3 Tent design offers. If you are a “normal” sized backpacker, you’ll feel like your sleeping in a “five star” tent; there is that much room. The tent also has two doors and two vestibules to make sure everyone has a place to store their gear.
Setup of the Big Agnes Copper Spur 3 Tent is a breeze thanks to its DAC Swivel Hub pole connector and DAC Twist Clips. If the weather is nice, you can even setup the Big Agnes Copper Spur 3 Tent with just the rain fly and the footprint. Its makes for a cool summer time tent.
The quick & dirty:
Where you can get one:
Why they rock:
- Two doors and two vestibules provide private entrances and gear storage for each person
- By using poles of differing diameters, the DAC reverse-combi pole system maximizes headroom and comfort
- Light yet strong DAC Featherlite NSL poles use an anodization process that is gentler on the environment than conventional methods
- Setup is simplified through the use of a DAC Swivel Hub pole connector and DAC Twist Clips
- New fabric is lighter than anything BA has used before but a high thread count and double twisted thread offers strength and durability
- Opposing mesh doors provide good cross ventilation
- Rainfly is made from extrememly light silicone-treated ripstop nylon with a waterproof polyurethane coating
- All seams are taped
- Interior mesh pockets keep your gear organized and up off the tent floor
- Tent stuff sack features an external mesh pocket and strap to secure poles; also includes stakes and guyline
Seat-of-the-pants rating: 10 out of 10
If you are a big guy, or just a small guy who likes his space, you’ll love all the room that the Big Agnes Copper Spur 3 Tent offers. Add some amazing waterproofness to that and mix in a lightweight material, and you have a tent that borders on a backcountry hotel!
Looking to buy? Check out these sites: