Big Agnes Copper Spur 2 Tent
Big Agnes Copper Spur 2 Tent – A two person tent.
A while back I wrote about the Big Agnes Copper Spur 3 Tent. Today. I want to talk about its younger sibling, the Big Agnes Copper Spur 2 Tent. This little guy has all the same features that made the Copper Spur 3 great, but in a smaller and more lightweight two person design. If you constantly go camping and backpacking with a buddy, then you should look into the Big Agnes Copper Spur 2 Tent.
One great feature to see in any two person tent is a door and vestibule on each side. Of course, this is something you’ll find on the Big Agnes Copper Spur 2 Tent. This means that even though the Big Agnes Copper Spur 2 Tent is only a two person tent, each occupant has thier own space, making the tent feel larger than most two person tents.
One really cool feature of the Big Agnes Copper Spur 2 Tent is that it doesn’t use the basic cross pole system to support the tent. Instead, it uses poles of various diameter to help create more headroom than you typically see in a two person tent. Combine that with the above features of dual doors and vestibules and you’d never know you were in a two person tent.
The quick & dirty:
Where you can get one:
Why they rock:
- Light yet strong DAC Featherlite NSL poles are anodized without the use of harmful acids
- Setup is simplified through the use of a DAC Swivel Hub pole connector and DAC Twist Clips
- New fabric is lighter than anything BA has used before but a high thread count and double twisted thread offers strength and durability
- Opposing mesh doors provide good cross ventilation
- Rainfly is made from extrememly light silicone-treated ripstop nylon with a waterproof polyurethane coating
- All seams are taped
- Interior mesh pockets keep your gear organized and up off the tent floor
- Tent stuff sack features an external mesh pocket and strap to secure poles; also includes stakes and guyline
- Footprint (sold separately) extends the life of your tent by protecting it from abrasive wear and tear
- For a lightweight set up during nice weather leave tent body behind; use footprint (sold separately) with poles, fly and stakes
Seat-of-the-pants rating: 8 out of 10
The Big Agnes Copper Spur 2 Tent is just a great two person tent. I cant really find any drawbacks with it. The only turn off for some might be the price. For the recreational camper who only uses a tent a few times a year, the Big Agnes Copper Spur 2 Tent price tag might be a bit much.
Looking to Buy? Check out these sites: