Asus Eee PC 900
Asus Eee PC 900 – Better than ever.
There is no arguing that when Asus created the Eee PC, they had truly revolutionized the mobile PC world. It had seemed that with the Eee PC that a whole new breed of mobile computers. While the original Eee PC was great, it had its flaws. With the new Asus Eee PC 900 though, that they not only fixed the problems with the original, but added tons of improvements. by the looks of it, the Asus Eee PC 900 may be the perfect travel computer for travelers.
The size of the Asus Eee PC 900 alone makes it very travel friendly. The entire unit measures around 225 x 165 x 35mm (WxDxH) and hardly tips the scales at around 1kg. Thats plenty small enough to fit in just about any day pack, purse, or carry on. Not only does the Asus Eee PC 900’s size make it travel friendly, but it is also built tough. The Asus Eee PC 900 is designed with a solid-state disk that gives you unparalleled shock-protection and reliability. Did I mention that price was also extremely friendly? This mini PC can be afforded by even the most budget weary traveler. The unit sells for around US$550.
Those who work while they travel will be happy to see that the Asus Eee PC 900, unlike older models, runs off Windows XP (Older models ran off Lunix). Windows XP might not be the most up to date operating system, but it is the most stable version of teh Windows OS. It also require much less as far as system requirements are concerned. The built in wireless card works well to hold signal on a variety of wireless networks and ranges. The built in webcam also makes video calls using VOIP services such as Skype or AIM a breeze.
- Intel Celeron M ULV 900MHz processor
- Integrated Intel GMA 900 GPU
- 12 GB of Flash-based storage (4 GB onboard SSD and 8 GB PCI-E mini card SSD)
- 1 GB of DDR2 RAM (667 MHz)
- Windows XP operating system
- 8.9-inch screen with 1024 x 600 resolution
- Ports: 3 USB 2.0, 1 VGA monitor out, headphone jack, microphone input, SD card reader (SDHC compatible), Kensington lock slot, Ethernet 10/100
- Webcam (1.3 MP)
- Battery: 4-cell 5800 mAh 7.2V Li-Ion (rated at 3.5 hours)
- Wireless: 802.11b/g Atheros
- Input: Keyboard and Multi-touch touchpad
- Dimensions: 22.5cm(W) x 17cm(D) x 2cm~3.4cm(H)
- Weight: approximately 2.2 lbs with battery, 2.8 lbs travel weight with AC adapter.
- One-year warranty
Being that I work while I travel, the Asus Eee PC 900 is very appealing to me. It might not have all the functionality of a full size laptop, but it’s not designed to. The Asus Eee PC 900 gives you the features you need in a mobile PC. It has internet capabilities, USB drives for added storage and use with your digital camera, the ability to write and work in a Windows environment, and much more.