Arc’Teryx Stingray Jacket
Arc’Teryx Stingray Jacket – Only for the serious outdoor enthusiast.
There is no doubt that the Arc’Teryx Stingray Jacket is an amazing rain jacket/all around great jacket. While it may be a little too expensive for the casual winter outdoorsman or skier. With a price tag of around $400+ it is a mini investment for just about anyone. That said, if you have the money to spend, the Arc’Teryx Stingray Jacket might be the last rain jacket you ever buy.
So, just what makes the Arc’Teryx Stingray Jacket worth its hefty price tag? Quite a large number of things in fact, but lets just talk about a few of them, shall we? For starters, the Arc’Teryx Stingray Jacket uses a special Gortex fabric to offer up complete protection from the elements. The fabric is a nylon three layer soft shell that is extremely soft and offers ample warmth.
I know what you are thinking though, a jacket full protection from the elements must get hot and uncomfortable fast. Well, if it did that I don’t think they would put a $400 price tag on it! The Arc’Teryx Stingray Jacket uses a polyester tricot inner to help add warm while still being breathable. When it comes to the Arc’Teryx Stingray Jacket waterproofing and element protection features, they are too many to mention. Check out the information below to see what all the Arc’Teryx Stingray Jacket has to offer.
>>Read about more of the best ski jackets
The quick & dirty:
Where you can get one:
Why they rock:
- Gore-Tex Soft Shell/nylon three-layer laminate fabric offers complete elemental protection with a very soft hand and high warmth
- This waterproof, breathable textile features a warm polyester tricot inner face, increasing insulation without sacrificing breathability
- This season the Stingray has been designed with increased articulation and anatomic patterning for unrestricted movement
- The helmet-compatible Drop Hood combines the protection of a high collar with an easy-access, laminated brimmed hood
- Laminated powder skirt offers good coverage and incorporates gripper elastic and secure double-snap closure
- Watertight front zipper with inner laminated storm guard ensures total weatherproofing; laminated quick-dry chin guard protects skin
- Features watertight laminated polyurethane exposed pit zippers and pocket zippers, and die-cut, laminated DryCuffs wrist closures
- Also features laminated hem, cord tunnels and zipper garages
- Embedded Recco reflector enhances radio signals from search-and-rescue Recco detectors for quicker acquisition of position in an avalanche
- Multiple storage options: dual handwarmer pockets, sleeve pocket and two interior stash pockets
Seat-of-the-pants rating: 8 out of 10
For me, the pros of the Arc’Teryx Stingray Jacket don’t justify the price. But, I also don’t go out in extreme conditions on a regular basis. If however, you are such a person, than you can understand the importance of quality gear, which the Arc’Teryx Stingray Jacket certainly is. It is only this type of person I would suggest the Arc’Teryx Stingray Jacket to.
Looking to Buy? Check out these sites: