Arc’Teryx Naos 70 Backpack – External frame extended trip backpack.
Arc’Teryx has long been known for their creativity and innovation when it comes to outdoor products. The Arc’Teryx Naos 70 Backpack is no exception to this. In fact, it is a prime example of their ability to raise the bar when it comes to outdoor products. With the Arc’Teryx Naos 70 Backpack you not only get an amazing internal frame backpack for multi-day trips, but you also get a backpack that is completely waterproof.
It is really only a mater of time before all outdoor backpacks are made to be completely waterproof. Arc’Teryx just didn’t feel like waiting that long, which is why they created the Arc’Teryx Naos 70 Backpack. The pack is made out of a new, high tech material, called 420Advanced Composite Textile VaporTight.
The revolutionary waterproof material is just one of the many ways the Arc’Teryx Naos 70 Backpack will help keep your gear dry. The top loading pack using a closing system like that of a typical dry bag to make sure water doesn’t leak in from the top. The zippers are also all water type to prevent water seeping in from them as well.
The quick & dirty:
Where you can get one:
DOWNLOAD OUR TRAVEL GUIDES
Why they rock:
- All seams are sealed for weather-tight protection
- New, Gridlock adjustable shoulder strap suspension system lets you adjust vertically and horizontally for a perfect fit
- MonoFrame backpanel is thin and light with EVA foam, Kydex plastic and 2 aluminum stays to create a direct link between back, suspension and bag
- Radially formed shoulder straps and Radially formed Binary hipbelt offer a nice fit
- Hipbelt suspension features a Load Transfer Disc for superior range of motion and easy disconnect from pack
- Simply grab hipbelt at center, twist in counter-clockwise direction and belt releases from center disc; reverse actions to connect
- Hydration-compatible design features reservoir pocket with a waterproof port for drinking tube (reservoir sold separately)
- Zippered large Kangaroo side pocket and zippered smaller pocket on other side for storage of oft-used items
- All molded components and suspension system are laminated and bonded for superior strength
Seat-of-the-pants rating: 10 out of 10
If you can afford the $400+ price tag of the Arc’Teryx Naos 70 Backpack then go for it. You won’t be disappointed, unless of course you are one of those people who love backpacks with pockets. If you are prone to backpacking in wet area like rainforest or places with constant drizzle and mist, you may wat to really consider the Arc’Teryx Naos 70 Backpack.
Looking to Buy? Check out these sites: