I just stumbled across a new footwear company that seems to have some pretty good designs. The company is called Ahnu. The Ahnu name comes from Celtic mythology, from the goddess of balance and well being. Balance, seems like a good feature to have in a shoe.
They don’t have a huge selection of footwear, but what they do have looks top notch. The one item that caught my eye was the Ahnu Tilden. The Ahnu Tilden is a lot like the original Keen sandals, but with a few different features.
One noticeable difference in the Ahnu Tilden is the single pull, webbing, lace system. To use, simply pull as tight as you like and lock the cam buckle, easy enough. The Ahnu Tilden also uses a charred bamboo lining with a natural anti-microbail to help keep the stink down
Here are some more fast facts about the Ahnu Tilden:
• NuFOAM stretch upper incorporating Tech-Dry charred bamboo lining
• Cross-venting, highly breathable perforated and cushioned upper.
• Lined, stretch TPU heel structure.
• Single pull QuiteLight® Webbing Lace System
• 2.5mm self-cleaning lugs provide balanced surface contact to tread depth ratio.
• Cross-directional lug patterns offer traction in forefoot and braking in rearfoot.
• QuiteLight® non-marking rubber outsole for excellent traction.
• Integrated TPU shank and arch support generates midfoot stability and creates an even ride.
• Lightweight, compression-molded EVA midsole for excellent shock absorption and comfort.
Have you worn the Ahnu Tilden before? What did you think?
Want to pick up a pair of the Ahnu Tilden? Check them out here: