Olympus Stylus Tough-8010 Digital Camera â€“ the ultimate waterproof, shockproof, crushproof, and freezeproof adventure traveler camera
The Olympus Tough series of waterproof digital cameras is designed specifically for the outdoor adventure traveler. These cameras are designed to be tough and perform well in extreme conditions.
The Olympus Stylus Tough-8010 is the toughest of the bunch and made to withstand below freezing temps, 220 pounds of pressure, and falls from 6.6-feet high. The cameraâ€™s special system of waterproof seals and gaskets keeps water out and enables you to take pictures as deep as 33-feet underwater.
DOWNLOAD OUR TRAVEL GUIDES
A step up from the Olympus Stylus Tough-6020, the 8010 is virtually indestructible and takes fabulous photos to boot. The Olympus Tough Series was designed for action so it has special features that enable the camera to capture clear shots even when the subject is moving. The cameraâ€™s Dual Image Stabilization combines high ISO with fast shutter speeds to capture clear images in any situation.
The camera features 29 different shooting modes from sport and indoor to underwater wide and fireworks and also has some fun artistic settings like Fisheye and Drawing. The Intelligent Auto function identifies the best settings for the scene you are shooting to optimize photo clarity and the Advance Face Detection feature automatically focuses up to 12 faces for brilliant portrait photos.
The quick & dirty:
Where you can find one:
Why they rock:
- 14 megapixel, 5x wide-angle optical zoom, and 2.7 inch LCD screen
- One-touch widescreen HD video recorder
- Waterproof design allows you to take photos as deep as 33 feet underwater
- Shockproof body protects camera from drops up to 6.6 feet
- Winterized design is freezeproof down to 14Â°F/-10Â°C
- Crushproof, rugged body is designed to withstand up to 220 pounds of pressure
- In-Camera Panorama lets you capture great panoramic shots
- Creative art filters let you capture artistic effects such as Fisheye, Pop Art, and Pinhole
Seat-of-the-pants rating: 10 out of 10
If you are in the market for a serious waterproof digital camera that can handle getting wet, tossed around, and sub-zero temps there is really nothing more hardcore and rugged on the market than the Olympus Stylus Tough-8010.Â I have gone through my share of digital cameras and love that you don’t need to worry about this camera dying after falling out of a boat (although it doesn’t float), leaving it out in the rain, or getting too much moisture in your ski coat.
Looking to buy? Hereâ€™s where you can get one: