Kelty Yellowstone 4 Tent â€“ affordable 4-person family tent
The Kelty Yellowstone is an affordable, 3-season dome-style tent that is perfect for car camping.Â With 64 square feet of floor space, the Yellowstone has plenty of room for a family of four or a couple with loads of gear and dogs.
The tent is easy to setup with its color-coded tent poles and clips and the design is not overly cumbersome so it could be setup by one person without too much difficulty.Â The waterproof rain fly and taped seams will keep you dry and the mesh ceiling and side vents provide plenty of ventilation.Â Plus external guyout points add extra stability to the tent in windy conditions.
Overall the tent is pretty simple.Â The Kelty Yellowstone is not filled with special features and design elements like their more expensive counterparts yet it offers a reliable, weatherproof, easy to setup design.
DOWNLOAD OUR TRAVEL GUIDES
The quick & dirty:
Where you can find one:
Why they rock:
- Affordable, spacious, 3-season, 4-person tent
- Easy setup with color-coded clips and poles
- Mesh ceiling and wall vents ensure excellent ventilation
- Waterproof polyester rainfly keeps tent dry
- Guyout points offer additional stability in windy weather
- Large front door provides easy entry and features noiseless zipper pulls
- Interior pockets and gear loft loops keep tent organized
Seat-of-the-pants rating: 7 out of 10
At less than $130 the Kelty Yellowstone is an incredible value.Â It is a perfect starter tent for people who want to get started camping without breaking the bank.Â Sure you can buy an even cheaper tent at a Wal-Mart but you wonâ€™t have as much protection from the elements or as easy a setup or durable design.
I highly recommend using the footprint since the floor is a little thin and it will increase the life of your tent as well as minimize condensation on the floor.Â The footprint is sold separately at Amazon.