Fujifilm’s first foray into waterproof digital cameras, the FinePix Z33WP is proof that entry-level digital cameras have come a long way in the last few years. Gone are the days where you needed to buy five disposable waterproof cameras for your epic shark dive in Hawaii, and after getting gouged on developing costs, return home to discover that only a handful of pictures turned out!
At half the price of Canon’s Powershot D10, the Z33WP is a fun vacation camera, and even includes a few extra features like face detection, a timer, and a one-touch movie button (a nice bonus for a cheaper underwater camera). There have been some complaints about the quality of indoor shots that the FinePix takes, but honestly, I wouldn’t be using a $137 underwater camera too much indoors, so this doesn’t phase me.
Why It Rocks:
DOWNLOAD OUR TRAVEL GUIDES
- Price – there’s a reason the FinePix WP is one of the bestselling waterproof cameras… $137 is the perfect entry-level camera
- Waterproof up to 10 feet – translation: snorkeling camera!
- Color options galore – green, pink, black
- Simple buttons/navigation – great for underwater or action adventuring
- Video – unexpectedly good quality for a sub-$200 camera
Seat-of-the-pants Rating: 8 out of 10
If you’re looking for an entry-level waterproof digital camera, you can’t go wrong with the Fujifilm FinePix. It’s currently the best bang for your buck in underwater digital cameras. Get this camera if you want if for snorkeling, kayaking, vacationing etc. If you’re looking for an all-in-one indoor/outdoor/underwater camera, you’ll probably want to opt for a pricier model on the best waterproof camera guide.
Looking to Buy? Check out these sites: