- Brunton Restore Portable Power Review – the GearCaster
To listen to music while you lay awake at night in your tent or to tweet from the top of Everest, you are going to need some sort of portable power to recharge your gadgets. The answer to your backcountry power needs may be the Brunton Restore.
- REI Blog: Weblog for an active community of people who love the outdoors | Tips and a Handy Form for Inspecting Your Climbing Gear
Climbers, whenâ€™s the last time you inspected your gear? My rope, cams, stoppers, slings and carabiners have been tucked away in the gear closet for 5 months now, and itâ€™s been longer since I closely inspected them.
- Hiking Essentials | Hydro Flask’s Hydration Nationâ„¢
Well itâ€™s that time of year again, time to hit the trails and explore as much as you can. Some people, me included, are guilty of not being completely prepared for hiking, especially for short day hikes.
- Review of NomadicMattâ€™s â€œHow to Travel the World on $50 a Dayâ€
Jason Wire checks out the tips on budget traveling on a â€œweak dollarâ€ in Nomadic Mattâ€™s latest ebook.
- SteriPEN AdventurerOpti Editor’s Choice Backpacker
Backpacker Magazine has named AdventurerOpti a 2011 Editor's choice in the April issue of the magazine!
- Outside ‘Gear of the Year’ | Gear Review | Gear Junkie
From the comprehensive test, which is a survey of a good share of all the worthy new gear the industry has to offer, the magazine and its contributing writers and reviewers picked just 14 products for its best-of-the-best â€œGear of the Yearâ€ award. And the winners are. . .
- 12 Lust-Worthy Toys From Bike Fest | Gadget Lab | Wired.com
We're prowling the festival grounds in search of product highlights. Here are some of the standouts from our first afternoon at the show, from the likes of Shimano, Santa Cruz, SRAM and Ibis. Check back for more.
- How to Decide Where to Go on a RTW Trip | BootsnAll Travel Articles
So youâ€™re taking the plunge! You have decided to stop making excuses and make your dreams become reality. You are forgetting the naysayers and heading off on an extended RTW trip.
- Review : Vibram Fivefinger KSO Trek
MatadorTVâ€™s Joshywashington wears his Fivefingers across Argentina and gets lots of funny looks.
- Win a Trip for Two Around the World – and Gear!
Along with nine other top independent travel sites, Perceptive Travel is giving away the ultimate travelerâ€™s treat â€“ an around the world trip with a plane full of prizes!
- First Look: Nike+ SportWatch GPS for Runners | Playbook
Nike+ has been a fantastic technology innovation for runners, making tracking your time and distance as easy as strapping on your shoes and (typically) an iPod. But itâ€™s always lacked a core ingredient many runners demand: GPS.