REI Flash 50 Womenâ€™s Pack â€“ great lightweight weekend pack for women
The REI Flash is fast and furious.Â The minimalistic pack weighs in at less than 3 pounds so you fly through those trails without being held back by a cumbersome pack.Â The pack is easy to adjust and a precurved hipbelt cradles the hips for a more natural fit.
The REI Flash packs in 50 liters of goods so it is perfect for several nights of backpacking or a month of touring through Europe.Â The packs fits average sized women with torso sizes between 16-18 inches and hips from 28 to 34 inches.
Even though the Flash is lightweight it is still generous on features.Â The bag is top loading with one huge compartment for your sleeping bag, tent, and clothes.Â A deep front pocket and large mesh side pockets keeps frequently used items easily accessible.Â The bag also has internal clips and an exit port for a hydration reservoir (sold separately) and light outer tool attachments let you stash your trekking poles to the outside of the bag.Â Plus there is a small pocket on the hip belt for energy bars or a small tube of sunscreen.
The quick & dirty:
Where you can find one:
Why they rock:
- Lightweight womenâ€™s pack with plenty of features
- Easily adjustable hipbelt webbing system lets you use a natural forward pulling motion for quick cinching
- Precurved padded shoulder straps conform to womenâ€™s specific anatomy for nonbinding comfort and stability
- Back panel features mesh-covered, perforated foam for breathability
- Hydration system compatible
- Deep front pocket, side mesh pockets, and large main compartment
- Treking pole and ice axe loops on outside of pack
- Ripstop nylon construction provides increased durability and polyurethane coating adds weather resistance
Seat-of-the-pants rating: 8 out of 10
To quote one REI employee, â€œREI womenâ€™s packs are made for beefier women.â€Â If you have narrower shoulders and hips you may fare better with the Deuter Futura.Â It is best to just try on a variety of packs that fit your torso size and choose the pack that fits your frame the most comfortably.
Looking to buy? Hereâ€™s where you can get one: