Patagonia Menâ€™s R2 Jacket â€“ super lightweight and compressible fleece
The Patagonia Menâ€™s R2 Jacket is a mountain man classic. This cozy fleece jacket is a great stand-alone jacket in cooler temps or a great insulating layer underneath a shell.Â At only 12.5 ounces, the R2 has a superb warmth-to-weight ratio.
Compared to previous versions of the R2 fleece, this yearâ€™s jacket is more compressible and breathable, warmer, and softer to the touch. The jacketâ€™s directional knit speeds drying times and wicks moisture to keep you warmer. New Polartec Power Stretch panels in high-wear areas improve durability and allows for a less restricted fit.
The Patagonia R2 jacket is completely recyclable through Patagoniaâ€™s Common Threads Program. Just return to any Patagonia store or ship to the Patagonia Service Center when worn out and gain the satisfaction that your old fleece will not end up in the landfill, but live on in future Patagonia products.
DOWNLOAD OUR TRAVEL GUIDES
The quick & dirty:
Where you can find on:
Why they rock:
- Exceptional warmth-to-weight ratio, compressible and breathable, with improved stretch
- Directional knit wicks moisture and speeds dry time
- Collar and chin flap lined with PolartecÂ® Power StretchÂ® fabric (made of recycled polyester) for next-to-skin comfort
- Shoulder yoke offset for comfort with pack straps
- PolartecÂ® Power StretchÂ® fabric panels under the arms allow for a close fit, improved motion and increased durability in high-wear areas
- Pockets: two zippered handwarmers, one zippered left chest
- Recyclable through the Common Threads Recycling Program
- Weighs only 354 g (12.5 oz)
Seat-of-the-pants rating: 10 out of 10
Patagonia fleeces just keep getting better and better. The new version of the R2 jacket is super lightweight, crazy compressible, and warmer than ever before. A Patagonia fleece is pretty much a necessity for any aspiring ski bum, desert rat, or peak bagger. I have never heard of anyone not being happy with their Patagonia fleece â€“ you really canâ€™t get much better than this. Looking for even more warmth? Check out the Patagonia R4 Fleece.
Looking to buy? Hereâ€™s where you can get one:
>>See even more warm and cozy fleece jackets.