Black Diamond Cosmo LED Headlamp – Small, but deadly headlamp.
Ok ok, so the Black Diamond Cosmo LED Headlamp isn’t deadly, but I couldn’t think of another cool intro for it. For the price though, the Black Diamond Cosmo LED Headlamp is a great deal. You wont find a wide variety of useless bells and whistles on the Black Diamond Cosmo LED Headlamp, just a good solid design that is tough and well thought out. Why spend $50 plus bucks on a headlamp just because it has twenty features you don’t need? If you are on a budget and want a solid headlamp, the Black Diamond Cosmo LED Headlamp makes a good contender.
While the design of the Black Diamond Cosmo LED Headlamp may be small, it still packs a pretty nice punch when it comes to throwing light around. The Black Diamond Cosmo LED Headlamp illuminates your surroundings with two LED bulbs. These two LED bulbs can light your way for up to 32 meters. The two bulbs in the Black Diamond Cosmo LED Headlamp also work independently of one another. This allows you to switch between the variety of illumination settings to help preserve battery power.
One super tiny feature of the Black Diamond Cosmo LED Headlamp that I really like is the ability to detach the headlamp and make a freestanding lamp of sorts. You can easily un clip the Black Diamond Cosmo LED Headlamp from the headband. The part of the headlamp that clips to the headlamp can be placed on the ground to support the lamp. This helps to give you some handsfree light from an angle that you can easily do with your head.
The quick & dirty:
Where you can get one:
Why they rock:
- Two side LEDs and one central 0.5-watt LED throw light a maximum distance of 32 meters, bettering the 21 meters of the original Cosmo
- Streamlined design sets the beam at an efficient illumination angle; ratcheting swivel head aims light where you need it
- Two bright LEDs and single 0.5-watt LED operate independently; switch on top lets you select from low, medium or high lighting levels for each
- Strobe functions for the paired LEDs and the 0.5-watt LED create signaling capabilities
- Water-resistant construction gives full-on reliability in inclement weather
- Headlamp features an automatic turn-off function should it accidentally be left on in a pack; lamp turns off at 9.5 hours
- Compact design fits securely around head with adjustable elastic band that won’t pull hair
- Runs on three AAA batteries (included); battery compartment is just behind LEDs for a compact design
Seat-of-the-pants rating: 10 out of 10
Like I said before, there aren’t a lot of bells and gadgets on the Black Diamond Cosmo LED Headlamp, just the necessities. Don’t worry about the cheap price tag either. The Black Diamond Cosmo LED Headlamp is quality gear. Black Diamond has been make backpacker friendly gear for while. Im sure the Black Diamond Cosmo LED Headlamp is no exception.
Looking to Buy? Check out these sites: