Arc’Teryx Alpha SL Jacket – Powerful rain protection.
There are a ton of really cool rain jackets on the market today. Many of them are made to protect from weather conditions that will probably never be caught in. While the materials that make up these sorts of jackets are nothing short of amazing, they do come at a cost. These types of extreme rain jackets are usually pretty bulky when it come to trying to pack them, especially in a daypack. The Arc’Teryx Alpha SL Jacket understands the need for packability in a rain jacket.
The Arc’Teryx Alpha SL Jacket is designed to be light and fast. With this jacket you get top notch protection from the elements, but you also get a rain jacket that is extremely packable. This is mostly thanks to the material they use on the outside of the jacket. The Arc’Teryx Alpha SL Jacket uses a special Gore Tex PacLite material that is booth waterproof and extremely breathable.
The material used in the Arc’Teryx Alpha SL Jacket is one of the lightest waterproof materials that Gore Tex makes. This PacLite material is designed to be light and packable without sacrificing the wearers comfort. The PacLite material. isn’t the only waterproofing feature going on in the Arc’Teryx Alpha SL Jacket. The jacket also has waterproof zippers, sealed seams, and much more.
The quick & dirty:
Where you can get one:
Why they rock:
- Appointed with all the essential backcountry features, this compact jacket provides take-anywhere storm security
- Gore-Tex PacLite is durably waterproof and highly breathable
- The lightest, most packable fabric from Gore-Tex, PacLite uses a durable, unlined membrane to keep you dry in the wettest conditions
- Micro seam allowances are sealed with narrow Gore seam tape
- Underarm zippers allow ventilation and have WaterTight zippers that eliminate the need for zipper flaps
- Helmet-compatible laminated hood includes a one-hand-adjustable cinch system for easy fitting
- Includes a hem drawcord, a quick-dry chin guard and laminated, die-cut rip-and-stick closures on cuffs
- Features two hand pockets placed so they won’t interfere with pack straps
- Includes laminated WaterTight front and pocket zippers
- Features no-lift gusseted underarms and a hip-length cut
Seat-of-the-pants rating: 8 out of 10
The Arc’Teryx Alpha SL Jacket might be one of the best buys for those of you who do more day hikes than long backcountry hikes. The Arc’Teryx Alpha SL Jacket is easily one of the best rain jackets for packability, and thus one of the best choices in rain gear for serious day hikers.
Looking to Buy? Check out these sites: