Eagle Creek Tarmac Plus One
Eagle Creek Tarmac Plus One – Ultimate multi-city travel pack.
Back country backpacks are great for budget traveling across the Americas or around Asia, but they aren’t always practical. For those of you who visit the concrete jungle more than the rain forest, you might be interested in the Eagle Creek Tarmac Plus One. Ideal for city travel and multi-flights, the Eagle Creek Tarmac Plus One can go wherever you need it to.
Initially, the Eagle Creek Tarmac Plus One is designed as a carry on travel pack. The Eagle Creek Tarmac Plus One is small enough to fit under airline seats or in overhead compartments. With increasing costs for checking luggage, the is certainly a great perk. There is a telescoping pole for rolling the pack around the airport and hidden backpack straps for those times when a backpack is actually more practical.
Don’t let the under seat size of the Eagle Creek Tarmac Plus One fool you. Not only does it offer plenty of room for a few days worth of stuff, it also offers plenty of organization for that stuff. The backpack compartment on the Eagle Creek Tarmac Plus One features a laptop sleeve for 15 inch laptops, internal pocket organizers, and much more.
The quick & dirty:
Where you can get one:
Why they rock:
- Zip-off backpack let’s you leave the wheels behind and hit the road in search of adventure; concealable backpack straps create comfortable carrying
- Backpack compartment features a 15 in. laptop sleeve; external front pocket organizes pens, pencils, cell phone and other essentials
- Rear slip panel allows the backpack to stack on top of the wheeled luggage
- Main compartment of the wheeled luggage includes compression straps to prevent your belongings from shifting during travel
- Zippered side pockets stow in-flight essentials
- Durable kick plate and wheel housing protects the bag from urban obstacles such as stairs, curbs and taxi trunks
- ES2 wheels roll smoothly through airport terminals and over bumps, curbs and rough roads
- Touch Point handle system extends smoothly and offers a comfortable grip
- Corner guards protect critical wear points; durable hardware and zippers ensure long-lasting use
- Lockable zippers help keep your belongings secure; locks sold separately
- Helix Double Box nylon features ripstop and ballistic reinforcement to resist abrasion, tears, scuffs and punctures
Seat-of-the-pants rating: 8 out of 10
All and all, I think the Eagle Creek Tarmac Plus One is great for what it is. Eagle Creek gear has always done me good. My only gripe with the Eagle Creek Tarmac Plus One, and many other Eagle Creek gear, is that it seems a bit overpriced. To me, $275 is way too much for a carry on bag, no matter how awesome it is.
Looking to buy? Check out these sites: