You might be a good writer for Travel Gear Blog if:
- You’re the type of person who sleeps on your camping pad and sleeping bag inside your house just to try out your new gear.
- You time yourself to see how fast you can set up your tent.
- You time your camping stove to see if it can boil water faster than your stove, AND your microwave.
- The word “cruise” to you means a 2 person kayak or a canoe.
- You own more bags than you have ever used, and you still stop to check out the new gear, just in case…
- You know everything there is to know about digital cameras
- Only your dad has worn out more pairs of hiking boots and that’s just because he’s older
- You wish you could parachute out of the plane over your destination instead of going through an airport in some dumb city
- You’ve spent more time on watercraft than you have in a car
- You have every brand of luggage memorized
- The words “travel” and “exploring” are synonymous to you.
- You haven’t met a gadget you couldn’t find some use for
- You go into debt just so you can get the airmiles from your credit card purchases
Ya feelin’ us? The come join the team and write for Travel Gear Blog.
DOWNLOAD OUR TRAVEL GUIDES
Travel Gear Blog is hiring!
Sure, we could list all sorts of corporate type job listings, but that’s not what it’s like here at Travel Gear Blog, or anywhere else in the BootsnAll Blog Empire for that matter. That’s not gonna happen, so here you are:
We’re looking for a few part-time writers for the following categories:
- Outdoor Gear: (Camping, Hiking, Rafting, Kayaking, Canoeing, Backpacking, Etc.)
- Outdoor Sports: (Snowboarding, Skiing, Snowmobiling, Golf, Cycling, Surfing, Wind Surfing, Etc.)
- Adventure Gear: (Rock & Mt. Climbing, Skydiving, Parasailing, Kiteboarding, Hangliding, Safari, Diving, etc)
- Business Travel Gear (Business Traveler focused items. Can include tech, luggage, productivity, etc.)
- Travel Gear (Bags, luggage, Accessories and Travel Items not in other categories)
- Travel Photography
We’re looking for a couple qualities specifically in an individual that will give you a better chance of becoming a successful candidate.
DOWNLOAD OUR TRAVEL GUIDES
- You gotta have passion! You may be so pumped about one (or more) of the above categories that you’re already writing up gear reviews on your own, and emailing it to your friends.
- Knowledge: It’s not a trivia exam but you gotta know what you’re talking about.
- Commitment: If you’re selected, you will give it a solid boy-scout effort for the period of time we agree on.
- Computer skills: You’re computer savvy enough that we won’t have to play tech support all day long.
- Self Starter & Entrepreneurial Drive: We’ll show you tools, give you direction and help you along the way, but you’re able and willing to do this! You’re not afraid to try things, come up with ideas, and be able to take critique to improve yourself.
- Networking Skills: Are you well known (not infamous!) online within circles or forums that are relevant? Can you go out there and make friends with people and let them know about your writing?
Don’t be fooled into thinking this is the sweetest job opportunity of the century. It’s going to be hard work, and offer some additional income for you but it’s not going to be a cake walk. If things pan out well, it could turn into a full-time job and an opportunity for sharing in the success of the site. And as a big bonus you can tell all your friends you’re a travel writer and can work from anywhere in the world as long as you have an Internet connection.
How to apply:
Just click this handy little link for the BootsnAll LogueIt application. Please fill in the relevant information and tell us what you are specifically interested in writing about.