- Eppyboy is looking for the best way to protect his stuff in his hotel/hostel room (assuming he’s the only inhabitant) – yes, there’s a lock on the door, and he can bring his own diesel padlock as well, but is there anything else he could or should do?
- Brian Farkas is on the fence between the Eagle Creek Ultimate Explorer LT and the Eagle Creek Grand Voyage… He was all set to get the Ultimate Explorer LT, but thinks the daypack is so tiny as to look ridiculous on his 6’3″ frame… Will the daypack even be big enough for the time he’ll be traveling and needing it to carry books?
- Totleigh-in-the-World is always looking for ways to travel lighter, but does the Macabi Skirt make a decent pair of hiking pants when it’s clipped, or just “look like a clown costume made of durable riptsop nylon”? In short, what are your experiences with this garment?
- Adam Shane found a cool website he wants to share for sharing photos – Panoramio lets you put the pictures on a map of the world, for a photographic representation of where you’ve been. He’s posted a link to his page on that site – post yours!
- Adam Shane is now wondering about those 360-degree panoramic shots he’s been taking… He’s made them into QTVR mov files, and wants to know if anyone’s got a suggestion for a good site to upload them to?
- Kathsmee is practicing with Flickr before she leaves on her trip next week so she knows what she’s doing from those Internet cafes along the road… But she’s having trouble. Are the photos she’s uploading too large? Is that why the site keeps crashing after only two photos? Please help her get it sorted before she’s off on her way!
- And to round out this last week of the year, trekker has started a thread asking for photos that tell a story or inspire you in some way. Her picture of the incense-selling woman at Angkor Wat is really wonderful, it certainly made me smile! What photo can you contribute to the thread?
Please contribute your thoughts and comments to these threads! And if you’re not already a member, sign-up here – it’s free!