Thule Crossover 30-Liter Backpack â€“ travel pack with laptop compartment and crush-proof pouch
Thule, a household name in racks, carriers, and storage units for vehicles, has recently released a line of travel bags designed for the outdoor enthusiast and adventure traveler. I picked up a sample of the Thule Crossover 30-Liter Backpack at the Summer Outdoor Retailer Market and immediately lost it to my boyfriend Chris, who has been using the pack as a school and gym bag ever since.
I met with designer of the Thule Crossover Series and I could immediately tell that a lot of love went into designing this pack for the tech savvy travel.Â A padded laptop sleeve in the main compartment holds up to a 17-inch MacBook Pro and a crush-proof pocket at the top of the bag protects your iPhone, sunglasses, and other fragile gear.Â The crush-proof pocket can easily be locked, plus it can be removed if you need extra space in the main compartment.
A front organization pockets stores your computer cords, snacks, and other small items and two side pockets unzip to reveal water bottle holders.Â The backpack, like all Thule Crossover bags, has multiple grab handles so you can pick up the bag from all sides and the main compartment zips all the way to the base for easy packing.
DOWNLOAD OUR TRAVEL GUIDES
The classy looking travel bag is made from extremely durable lightweight water-resistant fabrics and aluminum hardware.Â Only real complaint is that the aluminum buckles are difficult to cinch.Â You really have to tug on the shoulder straps to tighten – same with the compression side straps.
- Aluminum hardware and water-resistant fabrics combine to create a lightweight, durable bag.
- Full zippered access to main compartment ensures easy packing and unpacking of gear.
- Heat-molded, crush-proof SafeZoneâ„¢ compartment protects eyewear, portable electronics and other fragile gear (compartment locks and can be removed for extra cargo room)
- Airflow channels on back panel provide ventilation.
- Compression straps customize the bag to the size of your load.
- Breathable, air mesh backpack straps.
- Easy access pockets organize nutrition, hydration and small sports accessories.
- Capacity: 1831 cu in / 30 L
- Dimensions: 19.7 x 13.2 x 9.6 in / 50 x 33.5 x 24.5 cm
- Weight: 2 lb 4 oz / 1.0 kg
Seat-of-the-pants rating: 9 out of 10
All in all the Thule Crossover 30-Liter backpack exudes quality from its sleek lightweight design to its innovative crush-proof pocket.Â Chris noted that, â€œThe crush-proof pocket takes up a bit more space in the main compartment that I would like.â€ When I asked him why he just doesnâ€™t take it out, he says, â€œWell it is pretty sweet to have a place to keep my sunglasses and iPod and not have to worry about squishing them.â€Â Thuleâ€™s crush-proof â€œSafeZoneâ€ is a feature in all of its Thule Crossover Packs except for the Sling Pack.
Oh and he also loves the zippered side pockets â€“ they are not just for water bottles, but anything you want to have easy access too.
Looking to buy? Hereâ€™s where you can get one: