REI Self-Inflating Travel Pillow – a bowtie shaped travel pillow
This isn’t your regular wrap around your neck travel pillow. The REI Self-Inflating Travel Pillow self inflates and offers much comfort during long car rides, flights, and bus rides plus you can use it in your tent, on the park bench, in your travel hammock, or anywhere else you may call it a night at.
Bowtie shaped pillows are often recommended for neck pain and the pillow also doubles as a nice lumbar support if you’re prone to any kind of lower back pain. The pillow has a silicone backing so the pillow should stay in place if you find yourself needing to crash on the cold, hard floor for a night and the fabric is nice and soft.
The Quick & Dirty
Where you can find one:
DOWNLOAD OUR TRAVEL GUIDES
Why they rock:
- Pillow inflates easily and quickly,
- Provides excellent comfort while traveling aboard planes, trains and automobiles
- Rolls up small for easy packing in the included storage stuff sack
- Stretch-knit polyester fabric is soft and comfortable next to skin
- Silicone striping on back reduces shifting of the pillow during use
- Weighs only 4 ounces
Seat-of-the-pants rating: 10 out of 10
This little pillow would make an excellent gift for travelers. It is not as bulky as a the more traditional neck pillows and packs down nice and small for easy packing. Just roll out the pillow and it self-inflates quick and easily. You can also adjust it to your liking by letting a little air out or blowing some more in.
Looking to buy? Hereâ€™s where you can get one: