The Petzl Luna Climbing Harness is a womenâ€™s version of the Petzl Adjama.Â The Luna is specifically designed to fit the unique contours of the female body.Â The waist-to-leg loop size has been reduced and the waistbelt is shaped to fit a womanâ€™s waist and lower back.
The Petzl Luna features fully adjustable leg loops so you can easily adjust the harness to the comfort desired no matter how many layers of clothing you are wearing, plus the leg loops easily detach so you can go to the bathroom without having to take the entire harness off.Â Petzlâ€™s DoubleBack buckles are pre-threaded so you can adjust the harness quickly with just a single pull.
An air mesh lining wicks moisture and speeds drying in wet conditions and perforated foam on the waistbelt and legs improve ventilation.Â Four gear loops (two molded gear loops on the side and two soft gear loops on the back) hold all your trad or sport gear, plus two Caritool slots give you a place for your ice screws in winter.
DOWNLOAD OUR TRAVEL GUIDES
As far as safety is concerned, the Lunaâ€™s Frame Construction design uses webbing tape along the waistbelt and leg loops for added strength and support and a green belay loop helps climbers easily identify the proper tie-in point.
Why they rock:
- The shape of the waistbelt is designed to fit a woman’s waist and lower back
- The rise has been increased by lengthening the belay loop
- The waist-to-leg loop-size ratio has been reduced
- Frame Construction with breathable monofilament mesh evenly distributes pressure, providing maximum support and comfort
- Adjustable leg loops allow size to be adjusted depending on comfort desired or layers of clothing worn and permit the harness to be put on when wearing skis or crampons
- Woven polyester mesh on the inside of the harness wicks moisture for improved comfort and speeds drying in wet conditions
- Perforated closed cell foam on the waistbelt and leg loops increases breathability
- DoubleBack buckles are pre-threaded and adjust quickly with a single pull, helping to ensure proper closure
- Green belay loop helps users identify proper tie-inÂ / attachment point
- Reinforced tie-in points for increased durability in this high-wear area
- Rigid, inclined front equipment loops for easy access to gear;Â flexible rear loops stay out of the way while wearing a pack
- Trail line loop
- Two CARITOOL slots
- Detachable elastic leg loop straps
Seat-of-the-pants rating: 10 out of 10
The Petzl Luna Womenâ€™s Climbing Harness is easy to adjust, lightweight, comfy, and breathable.Â I strongly suggest that women try out a womenâ€™s specific harness.Â They arenâ€™t necessarily for all women, but the shorter waist-to-leg ratio, longer rise, and women specific waistebelt fits many women better than a menâ€™s or unisex harness.
New to climbing?Â See our recommendations for Best Climbing Harnesses for Beginner Climbers.