Patagonia R3 High-Loft Hoody Jacketâ€“ super soft and lightweight recyclable fleece jacket
The R3 High-Loft Hoody is Patagoniaâ€™s warmest jacket made from their highly technical Regulator Fabric. The R3 series is engineered to provide the maximum warmth-to-weight ratio and is their warmest layering piece when worn under a shell.
The fleece is so soft, yet it is super tough and resilient due to Power Stretch fleece stretch panels than enhance durability in high-wear areas like under the arms and down the sides of the jacket. A flip-up hood fits close to the head and a drawcord hem reduces heat loss out of the bottom of the jacket. Fleece lined sleeves cuffs and collar make the jacket oh so cozy.
DOWNLOAD OUR TRAVEL GUIDES
Best thing about the Patagonia R3 Jackets is that it is made from recycled polyester. Patagonia uses recycled water bottles and old worn out fleece garments to create many of their clothing items. When you wear your Patagonia fleece into the ground, you can recycle it through Patagonia’s Common Threads Program and gain the satisfaction of knowing that your jacket will wind up in future Patagonia products rather than the landfill.
The quick & dirty:
Where you can find on:
Why they rock:
- Extremely warm and superlight high-loft directional knit provides maximum warmth-to-weight ratio, wicks moisture and speeds dry time
- PolartecÂ® Power StretchÂ® fleece stretch panels provide improved fit and enhanced durability in high-wear areas
- Microfleece-lined collar, cuffs and hem enhance comfort
- Drawcord hem helps reduce heat loss and trap warmth close to the body
- Pockets: two zippered handwarmer pockets and internal zippered chest pocket provide quick access
- Shoulder yoke offset for comfort with pack straps
- Recyclable through the Common Threads Recycling Program
Seat-of-the-pants rating: 10 out of 10
I tried this jacket on the other day at REI and canâ€™t believe I made it out the door without purchasing it. It was so soft and cozy I wanted to just curl up in a ball on the floor and take a nap. At 14.5 ounces, the R3 fleece is pretty light and it compresses down small, so it would be easy to stash in your hiking backpack if you get to warm hiking.Â If you are looking for something not as warm, the Patagonia R1 Fleece is extremely lightweight, warm, and breathable and the Patagonia R2 Fleece offers nice midweight insulation.
Looking to buy? Hereâ€™s where you can get one: