Osprey Meridian Wheeled Convertible PackBy santiago | Permalink | 0 comments | March 19th, 2008
Osprey Meridian Wheeled Convertible Pack – rolling backpack with a removable daypack
Osprey has produced some great backcountry backpacks over the years and now you can get that same great Osprey quality in an airline bag.
The Osprey Meridian Wheeled Convertible Pack is a versatile rolling backpack for the serious urban traveler. Complete with over sized wheels, a detachable daypack, hipbelt, and laptop sleeve; the Osprey Meridian Wheeled Convertible Pack will take you and your gear anywhere you need.
The Osprey Meridian Wheeled Convertible Pack can easily convert from a rolling pack to a backpack complete with hip belt in no time. The shoulder straps and hip belt can be found in a zip away pocket on the back of the bag. So when the airport becomes crowded or rolling your bag isn’t an option, simply unzip the packs straps and toss it over your back.
Inside the Osprey Meridian Wheeled Convertible Pack’s main compartment you will find a large packing area complete with elastic straps to secure your clothes and other belongings. There are also several, smaller, organizing pockets as well. The attached daypack has plenty of room for sightseeing gear and even offers a laptop sleeve for trips to the local internet cafe.
The quick & dirty:
- Converts from wheeled luggage bag to backpack
- Main compartment features 3 zippered organizer pockets and compression straps to secure contents
- Removable daypack has an interior organizer panel, a zippered top pocket, and 2 zippered side pockets
- Daypack features a neoprene laptop sleeve that fits most laptops up to 15.4 inches
- 3-position retractable handle and padded side make toting a breeze
- Shock-absorbent wheels roll smoothly
- Daypack volume is 1,200 cubic inches and main bag volume is 3,400 cubic inches for a total volume of 4,600 cubic inches
- Material: 840D Junior ballistics nylon, 1680D Ballistics nylon
- Dimensions: 30 x 14 x 12.5in
- Weight: 9lbs. 8 oz.
Seat-of-the-pants rating: 9 out of 10
If you are the type of traveler who does a lot more weekend jaunts and seven day long vacations, the Osprey Meridian Wheeled Convertible Pack is ideal. Because its made by Osprey, you know it is built tough. Its versatility for urban environments and travel is easily recognizable after only one use.
Note, most airlines do not allow carry-on bags larger than 22 x 14 x 9 inches so this bag may be too large for carry-on. So if you are looking for a bag that can be used as a carry-on, please check out other top rolling backpacks.