Marmot Helium +15 Degree Sleeping BagBy | Permalink | 0 comments | June 1st, 2010
Marmot Helium +15 Degree Sleeping Bag – lightweight, 3-season, down sleeping bag
The Mamot Helium is definitely one of the best lightweight, 3-season sleeping bags on the market. This bag packs in serious warmth with its 850-fill goose down providing you comfort in temperatures down to 15F. The Helium weighs in at a scant 2 pounds and compresses smaller than a loaf of bread so it stows away efficiently in smaller packs.
Just because the bag is low in weight and highly compressible doesn’t mean it lacks features. A well-designed hood seals in heat and a soft face muff allows the hood to be cinched tight. A down-insulated draft tube back the length of the snag-free zipper to keep the cold out and a trapezoidal foot box allows the down to loft fully to keep your feet nice and warm.
Also available in a women’s specific model, the Marmot Helium Women’s bag offers extra room at the hips, less room at the shoulders, and extra insulation where women need it the most.
The quick & dirty:
Where you can find one:
Why they rock:
- The 3-season Marmot Helium sleeping bag packs smaller than a loaf of bread
- Filled with certified, super-lofty, ultralight, 850-fill-power goose – the best weight to warmth down in the market
- LightForce nylon shell is treated with a Durable Water Repellent finish that cause moisture to bead up and roll off
- 6-baffle hood provides 6 chambers of down around the head for best fit
- Hood draw cord is positioned for easy access
- Face muff allows hood to be cinched snug without digging into your face
- Classic trapezoidal foot box for more foot room
- Full-length zipper with snag-free zipper guards
- Insulated draft tube eliminates cold leaks through the zipper
Seat-of-the-pants rating: 10 out of 10
Perfect for spring, fall, and cool summer nights, the Marmot Helium is ideal for lightweight backpacking and mountaineering treks. This sleeping bag packs seriously small and if you pack it into a compression sack it will take up less room than your water bottle.
Looking to buy? Here’s where you can get one: