Gregory Palisade 80 Pack – An updated version of the classic.
The Gregory Palisade 80 Pack has been a classic internal frame backpack for some time now. While the original version of the Gregory Palisade 80 Pack was great, the updated version is better than ever. The have kept all of the original features that made the Gregory Palisade 80 Pack great, but updated things like the packs suspension and improved materials. If you need a solid backpack for week long hikes, the Gregory Palisade 80 Pack is spot on.
The updated suspension on the Gregory Palisade 80 Pack is more than just a new hip belt and shoulder straps with some extra padding. This updated suspension features a Response Custom Fit Suspension. This suspension system will actually move with you. Both the hip belt and backpanel are designed to twist with your body for more unrestricted movement. The hip belt can also be adjusted to a variety of angles for a custom fit with just a simple quick release tab.
The fact that the Gregory Palisade 80 Packs suspension system can twist and turn is only half of what makes it so great. There is also a some super comfy cushioning as well. Take the hip belt for example; it uses a pre curved dual density foam that is laminated to the surface fabric. Why does this matter? It helps to keep your hip belt from bunching or pinching you on the trail.
The quick & dirty:
DOWNLOAD OUR TRAVEL GUIDES
Where you can get one:
Why they rock:
- Response Custom Fit Suspension system pivots to adjust hipbelt to your hip angle; system also pivots to mirror your body as it moves
- Quick-Adjust hipbelt adjusts to five different hipbelt angles with a simple pull of a quick-release tab
- HDPE framesheet with twin 7075-T6 aluminum stays and a cross-stay prevents barreling under heavy loads
- 3-D precurved hipbelt and harness use dual-density foams laminated to the surface fabric, resulting in cushioning without pinching or binding
- Ventilated dual-density molded foam backpanel moves moisture off the back
- Design offers three ways to get at gear in the main compartment with top-loading, front panel and bottom access
- Side compression straps secure both large and small loads for optimal stability
- Hydration-compatible design features a reservoir sleeve and drink-tube exit port for on-the-go hydration (reservoir sold separately)
- Features dual hipbelt pockets, side stretch pocket, hide-away water bottle pocket and stash pocket
- Large front zip pocket keeps bulky gear easily accessible
- Top lid pocket lets you keep compass, map, small essentials and raingear close at hand; lid pocket is removable and converts to a lumbar pack
- Rubberlike thermoplastic elastomer covers the bottom of the pack providing long-lasting wear and waterproof protection from the elements
- Made with 210-denier ripstop nylon and nylon twill for strength, durability and lightness
Seat-of-the-pants rating: 10 out of 10
There isn’t alot to say about the Gregory Palisade 80 Pack that hasn’t been said in the past. The Gregory Palisade 80 Pack was a great pack from day one and it has only got better with time. If you need a serious backpack for extended jaunts into the backcountry, the Gregory Palisade 80 Pack is made for you. This is one of those backpacks that falls into the class of “just a great all around pack.”
Looking to Buy? Check out these sites: