Gregory Jade 50 Women’s PackBy | Permalink | 3 comments | June 10th, 2010
Gregory Jade 50 Women’s Pack – award-winning multi-day women’s pack
The Gregory Jade 50 pack has been updated for 2010 with a newly designed ventilation suspension system. The redesign is so fabulous that it was awarded an Editor’s Choice award from Backpacker Magazine for Best All-Around pack. This pack must be amazing because the competition in the backpack category is huge. Its “awesome stability and big-load comfort” writes Backpacker, made the Gregory Jade stand out above the pack.
The lightweight Jade pack offers all the latest features like the JetStream LTS Suspension and the Auto-Fit Harness System. The JetStream Suspension encourages considerable airflow across the back body by eliminating any unnecessary contact points on the back and offering plenty of padded support in the scapula and lumber region. The Jade’s Auto-Fit Harness system is flexible and aims to match your shoulder’s slope and angle while also encouraging plenty of airflow with the strap’s mesh-covered foam.
The Jade is a top loading pack but the presence of a side zipper give you easier access to items at the bottom of your pack. A front zippered pocket gives lets you stash small items and a front pocket easily stores larger items. The top lid offers additional storage space but is also removable and the dual waistbelt pockets let you easily access snacks and a lip balm without having to take off your pack. The bag also fits a hydration bladder (sold separately) and has outer attachments to carry an ice axe or other tool.
The quick & dirty:
Where you can find one:
Why they rock:
- Lightweight women’s pack with an average weight of 3 lbs. 11 oz.
- Available in 3 sizes and fits torsos from 14-20 inches
- Holds approximately 50 liters
- JetStream LTS Suspension has 3 waistbelt size adjustment options and helps move moisture away from you back.
- Auto Fit Harness matches your shoulder angles and features woven mesh-covered foam for increased airflow
- Top-loading design with a side zipper gives you easy access to the contents
- Easily accessible front bucket pocket expands, letting you stash bulky gear; front of bucket pocket features a smaller zippered pocket
- Dual hydration ports and sleeve
- Side, bottom, and top compression straps let you cinch down loads
- Pack is constructed from durable ripstop nylon for tear strength and abrasion resistance
Seat-of-the-pants rating: 10 out of 10
I didn’t think I could fit everything I needed for an upcoming trip to Hawaii in the Deuter Futura 34 and wanted a little bit larger pack. After reading the reviews I was interested in trying out the Gregory Jade 50 and after putting it on I was sold. I have never ever had such a well fitting pack. The pack has 3 different waistbelt adjustment sizes and the super flexible harness makes the bag fit easily and comfortably. So far so good and I am excited to see how it fares on the Na Pali Coast Trail in Kauai next week.
Looking to buy? Here’s where you can get one: