Greenscapes Mountain Sneaker â€“ Timberlands Earth Friendly Shoes
Timberland has been getting a lot of press and praise about its new Green Index program. For those who donâ€™t know about the Green Index system, hear what Timberland has to say;
â€œThe road to a healthier and sustainable planet begins with each one of us, which is why we created the Green Indexâ„¢ rating system. It measures the amount of impact on the environment to make the shoe and then gives a rating between 0 to 10 for that impact. The lower the rating, the better the environmental performance. The Greenscapes Mountain series is the first collection to feature the Green Indexâ„¢ rating system.â€
DOWNLOAD OUR TRAVEL GUIDES
The Greenscapes Mountain Sneaker is all kinds of earth friendly. Check out these features:
- Hemp â€“ Added for comfort and grows super fast.
- Leather â€“ Not exactly organic, but organically tanned
- Footbed â€“ Has an environmentally friendly biocide that helps fight foot odor and fungus
- Soles â€“ Made from recycled rubber and leftover cuttings from other outsoles
- Shoelaces â€“ Made from 100% recycled plastic flakes
The Greenscapes Mountain Sneaker has a Green Index of 3.5. The lower the number, the more environment friendly the product and its manufacturing process are. So, needless to say, the Greenscape Mountain sneaker is a step forward for mother nature ( get it, step forward?!)
Looking to find out more about organic hiking clothes?