Eagle Creek Twist Wheeled BackpackBy Daved Brosche | Permalink | 0 comments | March 31st, 2009
Eagle Creek Twist Wheeled Backpack – A multipurpose rolling backpack
If you thought that all carry-on bags were pretty much the same you are sadly mistaken. The Eagle Creek Twist Wheeled Backpack is cold hard proof of that fact. Sure, there might be some carry-on bags out there with ergonomic handles or over sized wheels to make jaunts through the airport easier. But how well do those bags perform outside of the airport? After all, the journey across the airport is less than half the trip. So doesn’t it make sense to get a carry on bag that is designed to perform well on any terrain and not just in the airport?
As you might have noticed from the post earlier today, I am a huge fan of Eagle Creek gear. They really pay attention to the needs and wants of travelers and do a great job at creating gear that is travel functional. The Eagle Creek Twist Wheeled Backpack is no exception to this. You will be hard pressed to find a carry-on bag that is built with as many great features as the Eagle Creek Twist Wheeled Backpack.
On of the best features of the Eagle Creek Twist Wheeled Backpack is its backpacking harness system. The backpack straps on the Eagle Creek Twist Wheeled Backpack aren’t sub-par straps that seem like they have been put there just so they can say the carry on can be converted to a backpack. These are high quality shoulder straps that are comfortable and supportive. The Eagle Creek Twist Wheeled Backpack also features an internal curved frame and padded hip belt. How many other backpack style carry bags have that kind of support?
The quick & dirty:
Where you can get one:
Why they rock:
- Twist converts from wheeled luggage to comfortable backpack with zip-away, padded shoulder straps and hipbelt to make traveling over varied terrain a breeze
- Ventalite mesh and 3D foam construction allows air to circulate between pack and your back, keeping you well ventilated
- Internal curved frame, ergonomic shoulder straps and an adjustable padded hipbelt create a comfortable fit
- Large main compartment is easily accessed through main entry point; central lock point secures main entry point with a single lock, sold separately
- Front exterior Shove-it pocket offers quick access to on-the-go necessities, such as a rain jacket, magazine or insulated bottle
- Zippered side pockets and front organizer pocket keep travel items organized and within easy reach
- Side compression straps let you cinch down loads for jostle-free carrying
- Deviate Wheel System features oversized, off-road wheels, an ergonomic retractable handle and and contoured wheeled housing for comfort when carrying as a backpack
Seat-of-the-pants rating: 8 out of 10
The Eagle Creek Twist Wheeled Backpack is an awesome product, no question about that. The only problem is that it is quite expensive for a carry-on bag. But, this is the case with much of the Eagle Creek gear. While the price is pretty high for a carry-on bag, you have to think of the Eagle Creek Twist Wheeled Backpack as an investment, as it is built well enough to easily last an entire lifetime.
Looking to Buy? Check out these sites: