Da Kine Heli-Pro Womenâ€™s Packâ€”a great, streamlines women specific pack for those hard riding and powder loving ladies
As a female rider, I am always all about ski and snowboard gear that is designed for women who like to hit the slopes just as hard as their male counterparts. While we are certainly able to use most of the male designed gear and products out there, gear designed specifically for women, by women is always better for us gals. Plus, just because I like to ride just as hard as the guys, doesnâ€™t mean I want to look like one out on the slopes.
Enter the DaKine Heli-Pro womenâ€™s pack. With many of the same features as the menâ€™s heli-pro pack, this ski and snowboard backpack is the perfect pack for day-trips into the backcountry and quick trips out of the gates from some out-of-the-resort riding. This bag is built to be small enough to ride on the chairlifts with and big enough to carry all of your backcountry riding essentials.
The DaKine Heli pack forgoes some of the extras to reduce weight, but itâ€™s still built for comfort. The pack also features vertical snowboard and diagonal ski carry options for those times there is just no choice but to hoof it back to the lift after an amazing backside run or when a little hike will give you access to an amazing line.
The pack also features an insulated hydration sleeve that keeps you water from freezing on even the coldest days. There is also a zippered tool pocket for quick access to your avy shovel and other important gear.
>>Check out more of the best snowboard and ski backpacks
The Quick & Dirty:
Where you can get one:
Buy Dakine Heli Pack – Women’s
Why it Rocks:
DOWNLOAD OUR TRAVEL GUIDES
- â€¢ Snug-fitting design keeps the weight close to your body for balance on uneven terrain and ease on chairlifts
- â€¢ Simple, 3-strap system firmly carries your snowboard on the back; stowable diagonal straps hold alpine or backcountry skis
- â€¢ Load-compression straps are integrated into board-carrying system
- â€¢ External snow-tool pocket, side holster for shovel handle or ice axe, and external straps hold backcountry necessities
- â€¢ Fleece-lined goggles pocket protects your lenses from getting scratched when not in use
- â€¢ Deployable side pocket with drawstring and cordlock carries your water bottle and other items
- â€¢ Internal slab pocket with exit port carries a water reservoir (sold separately) for easy hydration on the go
- â€¢ Curved, foam-padded shoulder straps with sternum strap and padded hipbelt
- â€¢ Thermoplastic elastomer coated, 600-denier polyester is lightweight, durable and water resistant
Seat-of-the-pants rating: 9 out of 10
As I said before, I will almost always be a fan of ski and snowboard gear designed for big mountain riding, powder loving women, and the Dakine Heli Pro for Women certainly falls into that category. This bag is the perfect sizeâ€”big enough to carry your essential avy tools, but small enough to ride comfortable up the chair lift with.
The snowboard and ski carry systems make it perfect for those times you have to hoof it back to the lift and the padded shoulder straps make it comfortable to wear all-day long. The bag was also designed with a womanâ€™s body in mind, meaning its snug fitting design keeps the weight close to your body for great balance on uneven and difficult terrain. Overall, this is a great looking, well functioning pack perfect for the lady riders out there.
Looking to Buy? Hereâ€™s where you can get one:
Buy Dakine Heli Pack – Women’s