VholdR Contour HD 1080P Wearable Camcorder â€“ smallest and lightest helmet cam
The Contour HD 1080P is the worldâ€™s first and smallest wearable camcorder to shoot 1080p high-definition video. At only 4 ounces, the Contour HD easily mounts to your ski helmet, handlebars, vehicle, ski goggles, and pretty much anywhere else you want to capture hands-free video.
The anodized aluminum body is super tough so it can handle all your outdoor adventures plus it is water resistant so you donâ€™t have to worry about it fizzling out. The Contour HD is not totally waterproof so if you want to run some underwater film, pick up the Contour Waterproof Case.
With incredible clarity, the Contour HD features five video resolution modes for your shooting pleasure. The camera uses a large 135 degree wide-angle lens that captures loads of action with minimal distortion. You can also pick your resolution by frame rate, either 30 frames per second or 60 frames per second, so you can get the best shots for your activity.
The camera is fairly easy to operate with a 1-switch button that just slides forward and backward to record so you can operate easily with a heavy pair of gloves on. The Contour HD records to a removable MicroSD memory card and includes a 2GB card. The camera is compatible with up to a 16GB memory card, which can capture up to 8 hours of HD video.
DOWNLOAD OUR TRAVEL GUIDES
>>Read more about the best helmet cameras
Why they rock:
- Low-profile, 4.3 oz. camera sports a large, wide-angle lens for quality footage
- Lens and image sensor rotate independently of the body for level shots from any position
- Shoots in 4 high-definition video modes (1080p, 960p, and 2 720p) feature 2 frame rates (30fps or 60fps) and 4 configurable settings: metering, contrast, exposure and microphone gain
- Tough, anodized aluminum camera body is splash-, dust- and dirt-proof; it’s also shock-resistant to endure the abuse of filming outdoor adventures
- No need to fiddle with complicated dials and buttons; simple 1-switch operation effortlessly captures your sceneâ€”even with heavy gloves!
- Internal microphone reduces wind noise while still capturing the sounds of the action
- Accepts up to16GB microSD cards for recording up to 8 hours of HD footage
- Battery allows up to 4 hours of recording time when fully charged; 3-color indicator lets you know when it’s almost time to change the battery
- Compatible with PC and Mac computers
- Comes with VholdR software, flat-surface and goggle mounts, USB cable, 2GB microSD card, rechargeable battery and quick-start guide
Seat-of-the-pants rating: 9 out of 10
Super small, lightweight, easy to operate, and HD quality â€“ what else could you ask for in a helmet cam? The Contour HD is the most compact helmet camera available and is nearly half the weight of the GoPro Hero HD.