Black Diamond Alpine Carbon Cork Trekking Poles – ultralight trekking poles
The Alpine Carbon Cork Trekking Poles are Black Diamondâ€™s lightest trekking poles.Â Thanks to 100% carbon shafts, the Alpine poles only weigh 8 ounces a pole so you will barely even notice the weight of them in your hand.
Three carbon fiber sections provide support and stability plus they collapse for super compactability.Â Dual FlickLock adjusters offer easy pole adjustment.Â Just â€œflickâ€ the pole lock open and slide the section to where you want it and then secure by pressing the lock closed with your finger.Â The poles are ticked so you can remember where you like them for fast and easy adjustment.
Black Diamond is all about letting you fine tune the fit so the wrist straps are fully adjustable plus there are foam extensions below the top grips to let you adjust your hand placement when descending steep terrain.Â The tips grip rock pretty nicely and come with low profile trekking baskets to prevent getting snagged on plants or rocks plus the Alpine trekking poles come with attachable powder baskets for snow travel.
DOWNLOAD OUR TRAVEL GUIDES
Why they rock:
- 3 sections of carbon fiber create ultralight poles that absorb vibration and retain strength over a wide temperature range
- Dual FlickLock adjusters allow easy, slip-proof adjustment and won’t accidentally loosen like conventional “twist” type adjusters
- Natural cork grips with dual-density top knobs fit comfortably in your hands
- Adjustable nubuck leather webbing wrist loops support wrists
- Foam extensions beneath the top grips allow the hiker to drop the uphill hand lower on the shaft while traversing steep terrain
- Poles feature carbide tips and low-profile 1.5-in. trekking discs; discs’ small size reduce weight and snagging
- Poles also include powder baskets for use in the snow
Seat-of-the-pants rating: 9 out of 10
The Black Diamond Dual FlickLock system is awesome.Â They are easy to adjust and they are solid so you wonâ€™t have the poles collapsing on you when you need them the most.Â Just make sure that you have them locked all the way (you should hear a little snap) before you trust them with your life.