Big Agnes Insulated Air Core Sleeping Pad â€“ comfortable, lightweight sleeping pad
The Big Agnes Insulated Air Core Pad is one of the best-selling and most comfortable sleeping pads on the market.Â A whopping 2.5 inches of comfort will make you wonder why you every settled for the Â¾ inch pads of sleeping pad past and the Primaloft insulation will keep you warm and comfortable during cooler weather backpacking and camping trips.
Why do you need an insulated pad? Air pads offer poor insulation because air freely circulates inside of the pad keeping the pad as cool as the ground.Â Insulated pads, like the Big Agnes Insulated Air Core, provided increased warmth and comfort compared to their non-insulated counterparts.
Big Agnes is dedicated to creating environmentally conscious products and the Air Core is insulated with 50% recycled materials. If you are a big fan of eco-friendly products, check out the Big Agnes Diversion, which offers the same comfort as the Air Core, but is made from 100% recycled materials.
DOWNLOAD OUR TRAVEL GUIDES
Like all air pads, it is a good idea to store with the valve open to increase the comfort and longevity of the product.
The quick & dirty:
Where you can find on:
- PrimaLoft insulation makes this 3-season pad a smart choice for added comfort and warmth on backpacking and camping trips
- PrimaLoft insulation is made from 50% recycled materials
- Full-length 2.5 in. thick pad is waterproof and lightweight, and packs down to the size of a Nalgene water bottle
- Tough 40-denier nylon fabric protects against abrasion and punctures; Durable Water Repellent coating sheds water and stains
- I-beam construction allows air to flow freely between chambers for constant support and comfort; prevents insulation from shifting
- Available in both mummy and rectangular size and petite, regular, and long
- Comfort range to 15 degrees F
- Stuff sack and repair kit included
Seat-of-the-pants rating: 9 out of 10
This sleeping pad is such a classic.Â It is available in all sorts of sizes and shape combos like mummy, rectangular, and extra wide and short, regular, and long so you can find the pad that fits your size and your sleeping bag shape exactly.Â It packs down small and is super comfy making it a great pad for extended backpacking trips and for casual car camping.