Atlas 1023 Elektra Womenâ€™s Snowshoes â€“ great all around womenâ€™s hiking snowshoes
Specially designed for a womanâ€™s unique stride and foot shape, the Atlas 1012 Elektra Womenâ€™s Snowshoes will make you want to keep hiking all day long.
The Atlas Elektra perform well on packed snow and light powder.Â With tempered steel toe crampons and Traverse Trac rails, the Elektra gives you the confidence you need to ascend wintery slopes while tempered steel heel cleats provide unparalleled traction when traveling downhill.
Atlasâ€™ patented Wrapp Comfort bindings are easy to operate plus they reduce pressure points and offer padding for added warmth. To adjust, simply pull up on the â€œUniloopâ€ strap to easily adjust the straps around the toes, heel, and instep.
No clunky, unnatural slide here, the Elektraâ€™s V-shaped design encourages a more natural stride.Â A tapered tail also reduces the amount of snow kicked up as you move forward increasing your efficiency.
DOWNLOAD OUR TRAVEL GUIDES
>>Read more about how to pick snowshoes and browse other models of snowshoes
The quick & dirty:
Where you can find on:
Why they rock:
- Spring-Loadedâ„¢ Suspension (SLS) absorbs impact and allows natural side-to-side foot flex
- Women-specific, V-shaped frame facilitate a women’s natural stride
- Wrappâ„¢ Comfort bindings are simple and easy to operate, cradling the feet for a comfortable, secure fit, and offering padding for increased warmth
- 1 simple pull on the Uniloop webbing system adjusts straps around insteps, toes and heels for a total, easily-adjustable fit
- Durable, lightweight Nytexâ„¢ decks remain flexible when cold
- Tried and true, tempered steel All-Tracâ„¢ toe crampons provide sure-footed traction
- Traverse Tracâ„¢ tempered steel heel cleats provide superior downhill traction
- Parallel side rails secure traction during traverses
- Recommended load: 80 â€“ 160 pounds (specification includes weight of hiker with gear)
- Weight (pair): 3 lbs. 10 oz.
Seat-of-the-pants rating: 9 out of 10
If you are looking for a high quality pair of all around snowshoes designed specifically for women, the Atlas Elektra is it. Designed to match a womanâ€™s unique stride, the Elektra is spring-loaded to allow a natural side-to-side foot flex with plenty of crampon grip for superior traction on varied terrain.
Looking for snowshoe accessories? Check out our piece on Snowshoe Poles and Bags.
Looking to buy? Hereâ€™s where you can get one: